OK Corvette Folks... Count Me In (!)

RFP

I've wanted a Corvette since I was 13 (1953).... Today, I picked up my very first one.

It's a 2005 Coupe, Daytona Sunset (ORANGE), 6-speed manual, with [only] 7,300 miles. It is equipped exactly like I wanted (thanks to the "Corvette 101" info that I got from you guys here on the Klipsch Forum). Preferred Equipment Group, and the Z51 Performance Package.

The car is absolutely perfect, a one-owner local trade in on a 7-something BMW.

I love it... more later

Cheers,

Rob

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gotta' write it again .......... That is one sweet ride........Fine choice......they are nice rides, the more I look, the more I drool, opps, I mean, the more I like. Like the glass in the back............Is that a Coupe..or a Hardtop ?

OB in 'P' speak its a targa top, which is standard. Its held in place by 3 points. You can remove the top, clear (an option) or solid top and store it in the back storage area which has specific clips to hold it tight. Top Notch!!

I really apreciate everyone's kind comments and encouragement! I will especially keep in mind Sunburnwillie's excellent advice!

I am still learning about the car. I thought that I had done a pretty thorough job of researching the C5 and C6 'Vettes before I brought this one home, but no... I just noticed that this thing has a lateral g-force meter in the HUD... Dang!

I had a "double" arthroscopy on my right knee yesterday, so I won't be doing any driving for a few days... bummer!

Here's wishing everybody a great weekend (I'm going back to watch my "Fred & Ginger" DVDs now!

Rob

I gotta' write it again .......... That is one sweet ride........Fine choice......they are nice rides, the more I look, the more I drool, opps, I mean, the more I like. Like the glass in the back............Is that a Coupe..or a Hardtop ?

Yeah... Rob. Don't forget that you are complicit in my insanity! Your Corvette enthusiasm is certainly contagious!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

And, by the way, THANKS!

Rob (the other one)