Anyone see The Fast & Furious

Klipsch-daddy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Diggs:

Yeah I saw it. Too much glorified rice. Give me good old American muscle. Moive was actually decent. Good special effects and sound. I might buy it.

remember who won in the end??? Smile.gif Good Ol' American car, a classic too!

i liked it a lot. but could have used some more action in it, IMHO.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Well, I have decided to buy it tomorrow anyway. It has some awesome special effects.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I saw it in the Theater awhile back, it was okay. Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TH-42PW4 (42" 16:9 Plasma)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (HiFi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

*********** just watched it and it was a great movie.. cant wait untill the wife gets home and we can watch it again!

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I also finished watching it a little while ago and was not particularly impressed. The cars weren't fast, the driving was aweful, and I don't care for riced out cars of any make. cwm4.gif

------------------

My simple system:

Denon AVR-1801

Pioneer PD-F100 CD changer

Pioneer DV-414 DVD player

Klipsch KG5.5 main, KG.5 rear, KV-3 center & KSW12 sub

My website

I didn't see the movie but from what I've heard they made some obvoius mistakes as far as....well..how many gears a second generation Eagle Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse has (5 speeds not 6). Or in one scene a car had Sparco Racing Seats and in the next the "same" car didn't. Like I said I havn't seen it yet but maybe someday.

After all, I do drive a 94' Talon (lite mods--Borla exhaust, K&N air filter, indexed spark plugs and a ported exaust manifold. Not fast but surprising.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Monster Power HTS-5000

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker cables

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Vibrapods

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

They modified the gear box on all the cars. That's why some had more gears than stock. They modified them so much the only thing left was the shell. In any case, it is just a movie, and not a particularly good one. That Paul Walker guy should be put to sleep. He's in my books for worst acting performance along with Ben Afleck for every sinlge movie he's been in and Alec Baldwin for Pearl Harbor.

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

"Is that you car?"---"Well I'm standing next to it aren't I?"---"Ask anyone. It's not how you stand next to your car it's how you drive it." There was some award winning dialog in that one.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Yeah... I remember that line as well. It brings a smile to my face. Smile.gif When I put this movie on, my sister and girlfriend were watching it with me. They actually left the room about 10 minutes into it (when Paul Walker was sitting at the restaturant eating his tuna fish sandwich). I should have done the same but stuck it out. I'll give it some credit though... the DTS soundtrack is excellent and the video quality is top-notch as well. Call me old-fashioned, but I guess I'm just one of these people that likes to watch a movie for it's storyline and acting, and this movie lacked both. I like cars however and thought I would give this one a look/see.

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Despite my frequent freezing problems with PowerDVD i managed to get through this one without a problem.I must say,the DTS soundtrack is amazing!The best sound i've heard on my PC ever!(Z-560's)The picture quality was surprisingly great even with PowerDVD's quality.(4.0 did improve alot though)

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

I loved the movie. Ya, it was sh*t, but it's fun to watch. I even baught it.

However, the cars were all fast. You CANT buy a production car that can do 1/4 mile in 10 secons or less. Also, you upgrade a honda civic, with 15000 dollers under the hood, special fule, nitro, and your going to use the stock gearbox???? Dont think so..

And the Dodge Charger at the end???? Good..Its gone now. North american cars are crap. Ya, you americans make good speakers, (Klipsch) but your cars make me wanna gag. Un-realiable junkers, with more fake wood and ugly plastic then a barbie car.

Im an import guy myself...lol. Cars in Japan last for a long time, and cars in Europe...well there just cool.

To bad tblasing has an AWSOME sound system in his home, but such a horrible car...

But thats MY opinon. Not trying to piss people off er' anything.

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

quote:

Originally posted by matthew2:

However, the cars were all fast. You CANT buy a production car that can do 1/4 mile in 10 secons or less. Also, you upgrade a honda civic, with 15000 dollers under the hood, special fule, nitro, and your going to use the stock gearbox???? Dont think so..

And the Dodge Charger at the end???? Good..Its gone now. North american cars are crap. Ya, you americans make good speakers, (Klipsch) but your cars make me wanna gag. Un-realiable junkers, with more fake wood and ugly plastic then a barbie car.

LMFAO! I'm going to take it you are either still in High School (you spell like it) or are under the age of 21. You are exactly the type of person these guys were aiming their marketing campaign at. You wouldn't know a decent automobile if it hit you upside your head! It amazes me that someone would want to even put $15k into a Honda. When all is said and done, it's still a Honda!

I have done quite a bit of road racing (NOT street racing) and have seen very few Rice Burners come out to the track and test their road skills. And when they do... I wave at 'em as I go by them. Smile.gif No, they would rather race up and down America's streets endangering the lives of anyone who gets in their way. They put all that money into their cars and don't do anything with it, except to race up and down our Nation's Highways. Half of these loons don't even know about Autocrossing or Road Racing. Legal, controlled environments where you can actually learn something about you, and your car. I'll hang on to my American muscle car, thank you!

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

liked the movie; used to do the street scene in n.o.la. started w/ karmann ghia (vw), then '71 r/t charger(440-375 hp/480 ft.lbs.torque)'79 r/t (police package 360-4 bbl.)'78 r/t (same,but w/t-tops), '82 collector edition corvette, '86 toyota celica gts 2.0 litre d.o.h.c...i like a quick rice burner-but there hasn't been anything like that '71 r/t..avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 on the way!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/$22 vinyl pull-down window shade 'screen'-rough side out

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!