I'm now a Heritage owner

33klfan

Hello guys, how have you been? I haven't posted anything on here for a long time. I've been so busy. Well, today i looked in the paper, and to my surprise a guy 20 minutes away was selling Chorus II's. I couldn't believe it. I called him and they were still for sale. I paid $600 which i figured was a fair price not having to drive far at all. They are in near perfect condition. Only a few minor chips here and there. The cones are perfect. Grills and tags are perfect. I guess they are only 10 years old, so they must be like the last year they made them. I know some people on here talk a lot about differences in yearly sound, so i hope these are still pretty good compared to older years. They do indeed sound awesome. I'm not sure if i should put them on the floor though, because i have them up like how my sf-1's were sitting, so the tweeter was ear level, but i wanted to see what you guys thought. I thought it would still be better to keep them ear level. The bass is really deep on certain tracks and for others it seems like there should be a little more impact, so i'm not sure if that's positioning or not. I'm powering them with a scott 233. Thanks.

Well, i didn't mess with moving them yet, but i did listen more carefully. The right speaker is pretty much in the corner of my room, and the left is about 18" from the closet door and 15" from back wall. The right is like only a couple inches from side wall and 15" from back wall. Now when i change the balance from right to left, the right speaker has significantly more bass than the left speaker. I can't imagine it's because of the placement, but if so let me know. I really hope there's nothing wrong with the left speaker. Nothing distorts or anything so i don't know what would cause that. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Closer to the floor is the key, placement is very important, take your time moving them around, move them and leave them for a couple of days, if you don't like the sound, move them again, it's free ................... I really don't believe you get a true feel for a speaker right away, it takes time, it took about 6 months to get my Heresy's to sound the way I wanted, but it was worth it .....................

Yeah, right now, with them on the floor, i sit on my bed in my room so the tweeter would be below ear level by like 12" or so, so i don't know if that would hurt imaging. I suppose so. That's why i put my sf-1's up higher. I'll play around with placement tomorrow.

If you really want to get technical the Chorus is not really a Heritage speaker, it is considered part of the extended Heritage line according to the website however. The original line up was the Heresy, Cornwall, La Scala, Belle, and Klipschorn. The Forte' and Chorus did not come to be until 1985-1986.

Hell of a speaker for sure though

Yeah, right now, with them on the floor, i sit on my bed in my room so the tweeter would be below ear level by like 12" or so, so i don't know if that would hurt imaging. I suppose so. That's why i put my sf-1's up higher. I'll play around with placement tomorrow.

Put something under the front to TILT UP them slightly .......... I believe they were designed to be a Floor Standing speaker ...............

If you really want to get technical the Chorus is not really a Heritage speaker, it is considered part of the extended Heritage line according to the website however. The original line up was the Heresy, Cornwall, La Scala, Belle, and Klipschorn. The Forte' and Chorus did not come to be until 1985-1986.

Hell of a speaker for sure though

I just KNEW there was a fellow curmudgeon here someplace! [:D]

Isn't the Chorus considered a Legend Series speaker?

Either way, nice score!

Still having issues with the bass on one side? Have you swapped sides to see if it moves with the speaker? If it does, you know it's the speaker and not placement. Try reversing positive and negative if that's the case. Lots of things you can try if you're still having issues. Let us know.

Isn't the Chorus considered a Legend Series speaker?

UMMM No.[;)]

The Chorus , Forte and Quartet family got blessed as being the "NONAME" group.

And you just knew the hardcore heritage guys were going to bring the poor guy down. Problem is its no let down!

Well, i didn't mess with moving them yet, but i did listen more carefully. The right speaker is pretty much in the corner of my room, and the left is about 18" from the closet door and 15" from back wall. The right is like only a couple inches from side wall and 15" from back wall. Now when i change the balance from right to left, the right speaker has significantly more bass than the left speaker. I can't imagine it's because of the placement, but if so let me know. I really hope there's nothing wrong with the left speaker. Nothing distorts or anything so i don't know what would cause that. Any thoughts? Thanks.

If one speaker is in a corner and the other is not, there will definitely be a difference in bass output. Try placing them both similar distances from the nearest walls and see how that sounds.