JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard.

Do you have any ideas of A/B of equipment or speakers? I might could bring some stuff such as the KPT-904 system with the K69 drivers. Only if people are curious of the K510 horn difference vs the K402. Also....Dual horn loaded 12" woofers vs the dual 15" bass reflex. Just an Idea.....

I also have an EV Dx38 IN case someone wants some active 3 way stuff or just an extra for quick exchanges.

I also have another idea.....but I will wait on that one until the viscious comparison ideas start throwin.

Or maybe I should just get drunk and stare into the campfire. I'm good at that.

jc

post-16499-13819349259088_thumb.jpg

Hey Richard,

This sounds like a great idea. Not to make it overly complicated though, why not just put the speakers in the back yard and point them out to God's green earth ... Bar and bathrooms close at hand, nearest neighbor about 19 miles away. After about 2 hours, folks will be a little too tuned anyway to distinguish any difference ...

Other suggestion .. Why not "brute force" this thing for a New Years Eve party? That gives us 8 weeks to plan the essentials and ways of getting there.

Hope you're well!

Chris

Power source..... if I'm able to make it, I can bring at least 1 or maybe 2 100 ft 12 gauge extension cords. That said, I'd think 100' is about the limit for a 12 gauge extension cord... The local hardware store closest to my home is going out of business [:'(] ... they have a real nice 100' 10 gauge cord I may buy if they sell it cheap enough [:$]. Maybe a huge honkin' spool of really heavy gauge underground cable. But potential sites look quite a ways out...

Coytee ... most people build a "man cave" ... maybe you need to wire yourself up a "man prairie" with enough service to eventually add a small log cabin with running water, heat, and indoor plumbing ... could start out with a nice 100 or 200 amp outdoor service out in the field ... when you've got the place to yourself, retreat to your prairie space with a cooler of your favorite beverages, fire up the weber, hook up your Jubs or La Scalas, or your field La Scalas you'd eventually acquite, pop a nice thick steak or your favorite seafood on the weber, crack open a cold one, sit back and enjoy... of course then people would come to visit and wouldn't want to leave .... so, when can I visit? #%@&, I've only got 2 days of vacation left this year....

welcome to the nth annual Jub Fest at Coytee's ...

That's perfect. I'll call Keith and Mick and see if I can get the band lined up. What do you think Buckster?

Yes that would be nice, wish I had known, spoke to Keith the other day, he's at his home in Conn. ............. Maybe I could pick-up Levon Helm on the way down, I have to drive right bye there, but then I can't ride down with Jacksonbart in that fine Vette ................ What to do, what to do ???????

Well, I had a crash and been unable to log in. Happened in the middle of the pictures...yes, I've got more.

this picture is after the one above, looking BACKWARDS to where the prior pic was taken (about 1/4 from left as far back as the grass is)

post-15072-13819349328008_thumb.jpg

Now a different angle... as contrasted to maybe being in a valley, these next three are left/center/right views from the hill behind my house. Seems in years gone by, my wifes brothers/sisters would have their little parties up here (behind viewpoint of camera). These were the kind of parties they had when in high school and NOT the kind the parents ever heard about. hmm...[:^)]

Once, someone took 3 pics and spliced them together as one... anyone able to do that here?

post-15072-13819349329778_thumb.jpg

Again, these are taking from atop the hill. My understanding is this hill is the highest or second highest in the county. (cell phone guys were BEGGING father in law to let them put a tower up)

Anyways, I think there's merit in having sound blow INTO the woods to let the woods help diffuse it. I'm thinking if we did something on top of the hill, far more neighbors might hear what's going on and perhaps not appreciate it as much.

Unfortunately, this is very much closer to the house than the other fields.

post-15072-13819349330558_thumb.jpg

last picture.

Reason I'm putting these up here is for general opinions. If we did something like this I don't personally think it would matter WHERE we did it so if others here had some logical reasons where it would be done 'here' verses 'there', I'm open to ideas. All the locations have issues with electricity.

post-15072-13819349331328_thumb.jpg

JC, Ive not thought of anything regarding A/B. I DO have a Niles A/B box (little simple one). Again, my main thought is more to have a Jamfest than an equipment-fest although SOME equipment festing might be fun. I just didnt want the event to be viewed as a critical listening session, but more like a beer & food & good friends session.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Chris, good to see you back. Seems been a while since youve posted? (or maybe Ive just missed it) Ironically, I was just last night, looking at the pics I took at your place and once again, drooling over your Khorns.

One reason Im thinking about out in the fields though I live in the middle of nowhere, there DO happen to be 3 houses here. My father in laws house is first, followed by my uncle in law (my wifes uncle) and then my place. I think there is some merit in getting any crowd, noise, fires, smoke, music away from them.

New years eve lol thats funnier than you realize. If you only knew what happens to me about 10:00 PM every night (droopy eyes)

Bill (and Mark Deneen, or others of an electronic persuasion):

Would having a generator and running SEVERAL extension cords help? I really think one of our biggest issues is power. Then again, I AM ignorant on portable power and maybe its not as big of issue as Im thinking/fearing?

Jube Fest, KlipschFest.. though I like the name, maybe well keep those one reserved for someone like Roy in case he unleashes the Jubes again like we did in Indy. With all the music, fields, possible mud/rain and of course, naked women running around, I think Im more fond of JubeStock!

Buckester, you think Jacksonbarts vet is 4 wheel drive? [au]...........

Thanks Phil. this place looks ragged until SOMEONE (me) mows it, then it actually looks kinda nice. Just got a 10 mower and cant get up close to trees like I could with the 5 on a smaller tractor so in my view, the place looks cut, but not trimmed at all.

I guess no one would notice that, after a couple beers... [:o]

"Again, these are taking from atop the hill. My understanding is this hill is the highest or second highest in the county. (cell phone guys were BEGGING father in law to let them put a tower up)"

It's too high, I'm getting dizzy.......all kidding aside, that's a nice chunk of land you got there.

Here's a pic from atop Mt. Salmo, or Gypsy Peak. It's the tallest hill in Northest WA., up in the Northeast corner by the Canadian border. There's a place called bear pasture, where they take all the stray bears who venture to far south. Granted it ain't near the size of the big boys in the Cascades, but it's a serious no mans land. Not many local folks even heard of Mt. Salmo.

In the center of the pic, you can kinda see the logging road. It's a good 18-20 miles roughly from that point, to the nearest volunteer fire station and paved road. Another 10 or 20 to the nearest town, IIRC. A great place to dispose of a body......

post-6643-13819349332208_thumb.jpg

For all you tractor guys... Can you imagine cutting this place with a 35 hp 2 wheel drive tractor, pulling a FIVE foot rotary cutter?

[8o|]

Tis one reason the place is so rough... I USE to cut it with that confounded machine (wifes uncles). I do NOT know how/why they did that over the decades... He finally listened to me a bit and bought a 10' rotary (I was bucking for a 15' batwing, even if I bought it) and an 85 HP International...

NOW I can get the place cut in days/weeks instead of (literally) months.

For all the nice comments on the farm...thanks...however, I married into it... [;)]

Gee, you guys ought to see the Adirondacks ........ Vast, Millions of acres, the size of the 5 largest National Parks........Combined !!!!!!!!

Someone said "gee, you guys ought to see the size of Bucksters mouth...Vast... the size of the Grand Canyon..."

Somehow, I just could NOT pass that opportunity by...

[;)]

Mike, are some of those stray bears moved out from near Priest Lake, Idaho? I don't remember where I read it, but apparentlyit can get exciting to camp out near that lake.

Larry

Maybe....I'm not sure where Idaho takes it's stray bears. Bears like Huckleberrys, and the Priest Lake area has plenty of Huckleberry bushes. That brings them in the area. Then they find campers and garbage treats......

Gee OB, that mountain range looking down from Mt.Salmo isn't as small as that picture seems to show. It's vast, determined in square miles, not acres.... One would be totally screwed if left up there without a way back, they'd be walking for days.....no cell phone towers nearby either.....and bear turf.

Would love to see the Adirondacks, however...