JubScala?

Islander

Guest Anonymous

Took me a while but i made it through this thread,I'm exhuasted.

For those in Canada that have(talk to Roy) the K402/69 combination(talk to Roy), i am wondering how(talk to Roy), you were able to purchase your(talk to Roy), K402/69 combo's.

Did you get them directly from Klipsch(Talk to Roy), or did you order them through your local dealers(didnt talk to Roy)? My local dealers just dont have the background.

I think there(talk to Roy) is a running theme here to help me. Ignoring the WAF, the 402 is so impressive.

But seriously, if your in canada how did you get them? klipsch direct, or local dealer?

Talk to Roy [:D] , but if you can find Kudret, he owns a pair of Jubilees north of the border...Islander owns the JubScalas out west.

If you can't find Roy's email address, (i.e., he no longer posts here) shoot me an email.

Chris

Talk to Roy Big Smile, but if you can find Kudret, he owns a pair of Jubilees north of the border...Islander owns the JubScalas out west.

If you can't find Roy's email address, (i.e., he no longer posts here) shoot me an email.

I believe Kudret is in or near Montreal, and bought his Jubilees complete and new through Roy. I'm on Vancouver Island and was able to buy my K510/K-69 tweeters slightly used, from a knowledgeable member who frequently experiments and upgrades his system. The La Scala parts are a pair of 1974 units I bought four years ago and then upgraded two years later.

Coytee, are you serious that there are only about six pairs of JubScalas in the world? That would make it a pretty exclusive club.

I'm just doing a quick thought in my head as to who I've seen use them as MAIN speakers. Truth be told, I don't know that I can think of six. You, Mike, Rich (started out that way....but I think he ended up with MWM bottoms and 402 tops....go figure). So we bring center channels in and you have Bill, Steve (K510 on Belle) and unless I'm forgetting someone (apologies if so) that's all I can think of.

Guest Anonymous

I think i have decided to go with the K402/K69 horn and do the Jubscala for about a year or so. Was reading another thread on the Jubs as well recommending the EV-DX38 as the crossover.

This seems like the best stepping stone to Jubilee's. I will use one of my Belles as a centre or even better a Jubelle with the K510. i saw this on someones thread.

I sent Roy a note and asked on pricing/Shipping included, i may be able to swing this at income tax time[:D]

This seems like the best stepping stone to Jubilee's. I will use one of my Belles as a centre or even better a Jubelle with the K510.

JuBelle? Great name! However, if you're heading toward full Jubilees and have the room, the 402 would be the way to go. Is your longterm plan to have 3 Jubilees across the front, or 2 Jubilees with a JuBelle centre?

Either way would be great, and the 510 would make sense on the centre speaker.

Guest Anonymous

I'm leaning towards Jubilee's left and right which is why i want the 402's, and a JuBelle with a 510.

Guys, keep in mind the WAF comes into play here.

Guys, keep in mind the WAF comes into play here.

Kudret has improved his K402s by removing the flanges at the mouth of the horns and enclosed the backs with a complete wood cabinet.

mikebse2a3 has also enclosed his K402s using a different approach using metal and what looks like laminates (formica, etc.).

Chris

Guest Anonymous

OK, so i spoke to Roy, got a quote back as of today for $1069 each. shipping for two horns on a skid via the closest fedex depot to my house is $150 shipping. i would have to pay duty and import taxes.

• 1 month later...

For those who have Jubes for bass bins do you guys use subs?

I will always have a sub because know bass bin goes low enough for my home theater listening. I will probably build the La Scalla bass bin and then place a Klipsch horn on top. This will be awhile form now so I dont know if I could get the 402 or the 510. I just know that if I am going to wait that long I might as well get the 402. Now I will have subs in my small living room and I am wanting to just make sure that a La Scalla bass bin would be near the same height as my sub so how tall is just the bass bin?

If they are the same height I imagine I could squeeze a 402 in but I am just dreaming about the top for now. How deep is the 402?

When listening to music without a sub can the La Scalla bass bin hold its own? And would I need to Hpass the bass bin or not?

Lastly has anyone ever use a Mini dsp on any of the Jubescallas?

Sorry And has anyone used a behringer amp on one? I had a Xti1000 amp 2 years ago and it kept having a high pitch wine I could hear on my Accugroove cabinet during quiet parts. SO I thought I would use another amp and maybe a Mini dsp or DC one or see what has been used and works.

For those who have Jubes for bass bins do you guys use subs?

I do: two tapped horns in the corners with the Jubs (see profile) - they're actually behind the Jubs. This allows me to push the Jubs forward from the front wall about a foot (30.5 cm), and dramatically increases my Jubs' stereo imaging in my room.

How deep is the 402?

The base of the K402 assembly including azimuth adjustment mechanism is ~23 1/2" (~60 cm).

...I thought I would use another amp and maybe a Mini dsp or DC one or see what has been used and works.

The XTi series have a fair amount of DSP noise when used on speakers having 105+ dB/m sensitivity. I use EV Dx38 and Crown D-75As, and I believe that we Mike tn (mikebse2a3) has used a DC-One in addition to his Dx38. Heinz (KT88) uses a Yamaha SP2060.

Chris