MacKlipschland 02

MacKlipsch

MacKlipsch,

I guess your nickname says it all.You have some really class McIntosh in very nice looking furniture and the best speakers Klipsch ever made!

Congrats,power and grace.Ah your system is true High-End.

McIntosh and the best Klipsch,must be magic.

Smile.gif

I could not help but notive on your TV there is a blueish spot...would that be caused by the center magnets(tweeter and mid in just under the TV).Or is this just an illusion.

Anyway GREAT SYSTEM you have

True class all around!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

8snaces,

"Hey, I like the TV stand. Know where I might find one?? Very nice. Hows the sound?????"

Yeah its the Legendary Klipsch Belle speakers used as center. VERY VERY nice.

MacKlipsch,

I see well fed dogs in the pics,looks like the dogs are calm and dont tear the grills on the speakers.

Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanks for all the kind words....I'm glad I got the speakers 22 years ago....I couldn't afford them at today's prices....

No, the Belle doesn't cause any interference with the TV....I was wondering weather I would need to shield the magnet somehow, but no problems....Was also worried about the weight of the TV (185lbs), so I braced the squaker box with 2x4's on end....Not sure that it really needed it, but better overkill than a nice bow in the top of the speaker...

The dogs are pretty sedate, but will occasionally sling a slober or two about...Basset slober makes a terrific wood polish...

MacK,

Gorgeous! Nice, nice set-up.

A Q or 2: Does the lower height of the belles' mid and tweeter horns, relative to the k-horns, ever become noticable?

...And have you got a new basset pup?

Obviously, you're a man of impeccable style and taste!cwm1.gif

------------------

JDMcCall

It still looks very nice MacKlipsch.

Do you have any pics of how you braced the Belle? I am interested as I may eventually need to do the same thing.

Sounds like you have the drivers with Alnico magnets, which are already shielded. When I put a paper clip next to my Alnico magnet drivers, the paper clip just falls off -- it doesn't stick to the driver.

Nice! I was wondering a while back about doing the tv stand like you did. Many said "no, no, no it won't work". Glad to see it does!

The big blue meters look familiar. What is that piece?

You should pop into http://www.audioutopia.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=vintage and post your pics there. They love vintage stuff too!

Do you have to take the things off the tops of the speakers when cranking em or do you just let the things fall off by themselves? :o

cwm24.gif I've broken 1 picture frame from a fall off my cornwall! Doh.cwm35.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 01-11-2002 at 08:07 AM

Awesome looking set-up!

I am thinking about doing the same thing in the front and then a 2nd Belle for center rear and a pair of Heresy's for surrounds.

Which TV do you have? HDTV?

Is it a problem/weird having the center channel sound come out from below the TV?

------------------

Ed W

So this is the new promedia surround sound system. Its larger than I remembered - LOL.

Very nice but I recon you need a bigger screen to go with that sound.

You could put a ceiling mounted, drop down screen where your TV is now and a similarly mounted projector, but then again - you could also charge entrance.

Pass the popcorn!!

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

That's beeeeeeeeeeaaauuuuuuuuuuutiful!!!! I want one of thoseSmile.gif

I showed those pics to my wife, and she loves the look too. I'm so glad that my wife likes those big Klipsch - no fighting the WAF here!

So is basset slobber now the hot new method for oiling the Klipsch, LOL? Is it better than gun stock oil??

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

Wow. Bet that sounds amazing Smile.gif Sure wish i could get myself some REAL klipsch speakers....

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150