What temperature do you keep your thermostat at?

wuzzzer

My winter temp has been set on 69, and the summer is around 78...

You guys make me feel bad having the winter temp set so high. My last electric bill was $139, which is really high for me. I discovered a couple of holes in the duct work under the house where some mice have been playing. It will help as soon as I patch those.

65 in the summer! Ha! Just go to the grocery store and let them pay for that. I don't know that most systems would even get down to 65 in the summer. That would be so cold, just imagine, as I know you can, coming in from 105 down to 65 in the house. You might suffer from exposure. LOL!

In my dorm I have three settings:

Cold like no heat cold

Warm like I keep the window open 6 inches to keep the heat from killing me (around 68-76 degrees)

And I forgot to open the window hot (85+ degrees) stupid building being 75 years old and all with the same heating system.

Ya gotta love the college dorms, Jay. My sons is the same way. A lot of campuses have cetralized heating plants and pump steam to all the buildings. It is really pretty efficient, even though you wonder how when everyone opens their windows in Jan. and Feb.

yeah and the central steam plant is about 500 feet from my dorm, so it comes blazing hot. I have yet to ever deair the steamer because I can see heatwaves!

Also its not so efficent when i have to compensate by opening my window so when the wind blows its really cold and think of all that wasted heat! The school yells at us saying no halogen light bulbs, no space heaters (all by the way in the name of firesafety *rolls eyes*) In fact though I know a person who runs a server in his room with around 20 computer blades and he was warned to keep the energy bill down. In newer buildings they actually check your room usage, urging you to set the thermostat to 65, make sure the fridge door is closed, don't leave lights on, use the microwave not the oven or electric stove.

My wife would move out before she would accept 55!

I'll not run any heat in the bedroom until she complains. This year that was at 48 degrees. Even at 55 I run a ceiling fan. She calls the bedroom the "ice cave". I've never liked too much heat. You'll always fins me in shorts pants unless it is windy and cold.

just moved into my house about a month ago...I live in Iowa so we've been having some of the coldest days in a few years...which is awesome since i havn't even got to see my heating bill yet...but to be on the safe side we have it set to 61...college kids ya know?

Since we have Ms Rose (who is 88) to consider in our settings:

Winter: 72 Awake hours (73 when -5 below outside or lower) / 68 Setback during slumber / 60 When away >24 hours

Summer: Awake hours: 77 Daytime / 78 Evening (depends on the sun-load) / 79 Setback during slumber / Off When away >24 hrs.