What temperature do you keep your thermostat at?

wuzzzer

68 works for me.

I used to set different temps for different times of the day and days of the week but that did not work out with the 3 teens in college and home during the weekend hitting books. They were putting it on over ride and set way past 74 thinking it would heat up the house faster. They don't understand that the setting does not change the temp of the air coming out of the vents.

Just curious, probably applies to people living in colder climates this time of year. When my wife isn't home I keep it a balmy Wink 60 degrees in the house. She usually sets it to 65-68 when she's home.

Burrr..... you must be part Inuit. I keep mine set on 76 during the winter, and about 82 during the summer when the A/C is needed (not frequently)

Haha...a rather hard question to answer, as while I have a dual furnace zoned system, and I haven't turned either on for the past 2 winters.

The only supplemental heat has been provided on a few occassions by the fireplace - and that is as much for aesthetics as for heat. (Fire, fire...heh heh heh!)

Of course, today the outside temperature is 69 deep in the shade according to the outdoor sensor...

Winterizing and insulation works.

Now if I could only do as well in the summer avoiding the need for air conditioning! [:P]

You're lucky wuzzer I would have it lower but our winter compromise is 73, summer try to keep it at 78 but sometimes have to raise it back to there as part of the ongoing thermostat war! People who grow up in nocal seem to have a very narrow range of tolerance regarding hot and cold, lol.

The house has dual climate zones with independent heating and A/C. In the winter it is 63 downstairs and 55 upstairs where the bedrooms are. It is a little cool in the bedrooms but that helps us sleep better. In the summer the downstairs is off and the upstairs is at 75. We also have additional thermostatic room heat in the master bath and a few other rooms if we want to use them.