Eric Clapton Crossroads, Chicago

I bought the DVD a few weeks ago.............I like the first one better...........2006 I believe. If there are more, I was not aware.

I have the first dvd and have really enjoyed it (although it's been quite some time). On the first one there was a group called the "__________ family band;" were they on the second one as well?

David

I bought the DVD a few weeks ago.............I like the first one better...........2006 I believe. If there are more, I was not aware.

I have the first dvd and have really enjoyed it (although it's been quite some time). On the first one there was a group called the "__________ family band;" were they on the second one as well?

David

Robert Randolph and the Family Band...............I don't think so but when I get home I'll check. I only watched about 3/4 of the new one.

David

Robert Randolph and the Family Band...............I don't think so but when I get home I'll check. I only watched about 3/4 of the new one.

Robert Randolph is excellent ! Got to see him live here last year . If he comes to your town don't miss it , unless you don't like that sort of thing .

I have them both also, but will have to chime in with liking the second
one more from the onset of Jeff Beck on. When Steve Winwood got on the stage,
and the remainder was pure blues and roll, like the much too vocal mc Elwood
Blue said this with a night you will never forget!

Crossroads 2007 .............. It don't get much better than DISC 2 ........ In my opinionated opinion ....... although if I could re-do disc 2 I would swap Los Lobos for the Derek Trucks Band songs .............. Both Crossroads 1 and 2 are great shows ....... almost Guitar Heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Oh, I think what I wrote came out wrong, let me try again, on Disc 2, I would take off Los Lobo's ..... and then would take Derek Trucks Band from Disc 1, and put it in Los Lobo's place on Disc 2, it would then be John Mayer, DTB, Jeff Beck, EC, Steve Winwood, and finale ..........

David

Robert Randolph is excellent ! Got to see him live here last year . If he comes to your town don't miss it , unless you don't like that sort of thing .

Robert Randolph, that's it! Thanks. He was one of my favorites on the first dvd. I imagine the show was very entertaining as the guy just has that special "feel" for the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

How about Beck's bass player? Wow!

You mean his daughter ?

She is not his daughter, her name is Tal Wilkenfeld.

Here is her site

http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/Tal.html

I loved when she was just ripping the strings off that bass, and Jeff is like 'c'mon- gimme MORE' and she just cranks it up another notch. That is one funky little gal there. She'll go places!

Other fave moments:

Derek Trucks just beaming in the background as Johnny Winter rips off some incredbily tasty licks.

BB King's spoken tribute to EC during his set.

Bill Murray's authentic fringed suede jacket and big hair.