Lord Stanley's Cup!!!!

gonzp

Well bretheran, it's that time again!!! the best 2 months in sports! who is going to win it all? I am hoping that the Mighty Detroit Red Wings can have as great a playoff run as they have had a regular season. After the last Colorado, Detroit regular season game, I hope that the rivalry, intensity and physicality will return to what it has been in previous years.

My grand son Patrick and his parents were lucky enough to attend an Avalanche/Flames game Monday night! Patrick was dancing in the isle and the camera caught him!! Rosalie and I were sitting there watching the game, hoping to find a needle in the haystack and low and behold, we were able to see our pride and joy yucking it up on the TV!

Colorado won the game and, my 5 year old grand son got to feel the electricity of pro hocky! Now if I can get him to cheer for the Red Wings, all will be well!!!

Go Wings!!!!!

I could not agree more: The REAL hockey season begins in two weeks! The Wings have racked-up 50 regular season wins the last 3 years in a row. That says a lot for Mike Babcock's skill as a coach as he lead the team all three years. One thing they have going for them this year is that many of their key players were injured late in the season. Now that the playoffs are coming, those injured players have/will be coming back healthy and rested. Dan Cleary proved this theory when he returned last night against St. Louis after a six-week absence due to a broken jaw. Cleary was last night's player-of-the-game.

Patrick: I agree with Daddy; get the kid a jersey! LOL

Cool! When I lived in Canada (Mayne Island, BC), I watched hockey every Friday in the pub. Springwater Lodge. The year was 1996-1997, the great year of the Detroit Red Wings with IJzerman and Konstantinov anfd many others. I'll try to watch some of the upcoming on the net. I am melancholic now. Time for a road (air) trip...

The Stars are going through a similar slump that the wings had a little earlier. The playoffs are a whole 'nother story as we all know. The west looks tough as usual, but the east looks better than it has for a few years now. It's playoff time! (almost). Always fun and entertaining.

It definately is time to get Patrick a Wings sweater. Only problem, we are in Avalanche country[:(] Red Wing apperel is pretty hard to come by around these parts.... Luckily there is the internet. I am so hoping for a Detroit/Colorado series. Colorado put the hurt on the Canucks last night. Louango was peppered. Ian Laparier is my favorite Av's player to dislike. He is a scrappy one though.

It definately is time to get Patrick a Wings sweater. Only problem, we are in Avalanche countrySad Red Wing apperel is pretty hard to come by around these parts.... Luckily there is the internet.

Patrick: I get some of my stuff here locally through this guy. He is usually more reasonably-priced than most others. It depends on what you want. He supplies all of the stores around here. I bought my autographed Yzerman game jersey from him: http://www.hockeyink.com/index.html -Glenn

It definately is time to get Patrick a Wings sweater. Only problem, we are in Avalanche countrySad Red Wing apperel is pretty hard to come by around these parts.... Luckily there is the internet.

Patrick: I get some of my stuff here locally through this guy. He is usually more reasonably-priced than most others. It depends on what you want. He supplies all of the stores around here. I bought my autographed Yzerman game jersey from him: http://www.hockeyink.com/index.html -Glenn

Thanks a lot for the link Glenn! I will definately look at purchasing through him.

Since my Hawks are out again (wait till next year when those kids are a year older), looks like I will be jumping on the Avalanche bandwagon again. Check out that Forsberg, Hejduk, Stastny line. They looked dominant last night against the Canucks.

I would love to see the Wing's dominate the Av's. I agree about Denver Fans!!