A nice little party speaker !

dtel

Christy, Yeah the bins look nice. Dtel can make anything look nice. One talented guy. Everything looks great and now that I see the parts used, I'm sure it sounds every bit as good as Dtel says. You guys and your neighborhood should be enjoying those.

Very cool Dtel. Almost barbecuing time. A whole pig over coals, a barrel of beer and some full-tilt reggae playing on that super-sized boombox.

It does need one finishing touch though. Lighting bolts or flames painted on the sides. A couple of old car hood ornaments on topwould also be cool, say off of a Rocket 88.

Just what we'll need if Klipschstock ever comes off.

So Buddy's still in training is he? I wonder what's spurring him on?

• Moderators

Well thanks everybody, it really does sound good, better than I expected. I had to move the little cd player off the bass bins because it made it skip twice.

Mark 1101 all I did was paint the bins and put handles on them to make them easier to move, I did weigh them, 112 lbs each without drivers. I did put some hardware cloth with 1/4 in holes on the inside in the back to keep a mouse or the cat from eating a k43. They are kept in the workshop, I know they are going to get bumped up here and there moving them around so I will just paint them again when they get a little rough. The tops are made of 3/4 plywood and braces, so they can take a little bumping, I did make some aluminum brackets and bolted them on the back of the K401 like they should be to support the driver end of the horn.

Thebes, that sounds good, the pig, some beer and some reggae and a little fire for after dark, just not sure about the lightning bolts or hood ornaments, maby just a sign (warning stand back at least 50' ).

Mark D, the neighbors that have come over and seen the 6 Forte's , 2 Cornwall lll's and a sub in the living room already think I am nuts so this should not be a big surprise to them. The neighbor across the street has already said he could occasionally hear the music when the windows are open and we like the same type of music. We don't live in a subdivision, we have one of the smallest pieces in this area 6 acres. Avatar is a pic of the back yard, we put a 1 1/2 acre pond in the middle

I like the bass so much later I will probably put 2 double bins inside , made out of some nice Oak plywood with one of those little K402's on top. That was the whole idea for trying these out anyway. [;)] The plan is to move the Cornwalls into the bedroom but keep the Forte ll's where they are for HT, unless I could figure out how to make a center from maby a 510 horn and who knows what, and use the MWM/K402 for HT and get rid of all the Forte's ?

Have to stop thinking about all of this, see what y'all are doing to me, darn voices !

so thats what you were up to....you guys with all that space have it made....I'm sitting in a a half a million dollar house and i don't have room to park a 10 speed.

• Moderators

I couldn't afford to live where you do ! Speakerfritz your going to laugh when I tell you this, we paid $2200 an acre 10 years ago, 10 miles outside of a town roughly the size of Hope Arkansas.

I have lived in subdivisions or the city all my life untill about 15 years ago, then we rented a 100 year old house on 18 acres and lived there untill about10 years ago when we bought this land and built the house. I could NEVER live in a subdivision again, the best neighbors are not as good as no neighbors, or ones 800 feet away.

• Moderators

Nice work Eldon! Those look beautiful! Kind of your own design of LSI HF cabinets on top of MWM-S singles. Nice. And double stacked like that would give you good height to fill the back 40!

Thanks, you know where I got the idea to put them on a frame with rollers, from looking at what you did, it's the only way to move them without help !

If these sound like this I would love to hear what the real thing you have sounds like !