A nice little party speaker !

dtel

• Moderators

It's ALIVE.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on what would work, because it really works well, and to Groomlake, Mark 1101, Speakerfritz and Klipsch for supplying the parts, Thanks.

post-11804-13819366888536_thumb.jpg

Totally sweet, there Eldon. Welcome to my world!! I basically have double bins like that per channel with LaScalas on top...BUT your setup should work fine in stereo because you only need one bass bin per side, really. So do you have K-43's or K33's in there?

What I found is that about 4 Watts of power in each bin is all you need for most bass needs, so, is that a chip amp you have hooked up to that CD player

Nice work. I'll bet your wife and daughter are diggin' the sound eh?

Claude

• Moderators

It's 5 coats of exterior paint, 1.5 gallons, that's alot of area to cover inside and out, even with a roller !

The mwm's have K43's and the top's are Bob's tweeters and K401/K55 mids with the AA crossovers built in the top cabinets.

I had thought about building 2 more bass bins but there is alot of bass from just the pair, maby one day ?

• Moderators

Dtel, AWESOME. That looks really cool. I'll bet it sounds nice too. Looks like it could be a left / right set if separated too. MWMscalas.

Congrats and nice job for sure. Big Smile

That's the way it was set up L / R, but I never tried it like that yet. When I get some help this weekend I will try it, I was wondering if I would lose some bass like that ?

• Moderators

Claude, now I see what you are talking about with the K43's, they do sound louder than the K33's, that's alot of bass !

Although you have to realize They are being driven by that giant amp...........the size of 5 Cd's stacked together . [:o]

I turned the T-amp to about 90% and it was loud and clear....at 100' ...85 DB, at 200' 75 DB at 450' (side of property) you can hear every word and BASS ! No [bs]

That's with Buddy's $10.00, Dollar General Store portable CD player playing Aretha Franklin, Respect, some Bob Marley, Van Morrison, and some Motown.

Not much. The guy that sold me mine used to do DJ shows and PA with 6 of these for 100,000 people. He told me all I needed was what you have. Of course he was using kilowatts of BGW power in them with 26 pairs of LaScalas.

Claude

Claude, now I see what you are talking about with the K43's, they do sound louder than the K33's, that's alot of bass !

Although you have to realize They are being driven by that giant amp...........the size of 5 Cd's stacked together . Surprise

I turned the T-amp to about 90% and it was loud and clear....at 100' ...85 DB, at 200' 75 DB at 450' (side of property) you can hear every word and BASS ! No PWK BS Button

That's with Buddy's $10.00, Dollar General Store portable CD player playing Aretha Franklin, Respect, some Bob Marley, Van Morrison, and some Motown.

I love that. I think I will replace my 4 channels X 120 W (pair of stereo Haflers) with a pair of of Sonic Impact T amps, since I only draw 4 W per channel. You gotta love the super high efficiency and ridiculously low distortion of these things.

Claude

• Moderators

Indy, that's the Cd I was useing, nice bass also.

Sunburnwilly, that's what I wanted it for, and to play in the workshop.

It really sounds good at low volumes also, good thing. [:$] One day i will connect it to something more powerful but it will have to be outside. Even outside I don't want to get the neighbors mad at me even though they are a long way away.

• Moderators

I have to tell you guys, this set up really surprised me.

One song I am familiar with, "Let's Give Something to Talk About", by Bonnie Rait. I have listened intently to that song on every pair of Klipsch speakers we own (and in various combinations thereof!!). Immediately upon our return home from Mark's house, dtel had the H's "wired" to those bass bins, and that was the first song I made dtel play. I thought she sound good on that set up...well she really "kicks a little behind" when played on this set up, although I have only hear them set up in the workshop facing outside with the workshop doors open.

I didn't get to hear them set up outside this afternoon. Hopefully I will have a little time this weekend to participate in a "jam session"

Claude, I don't believe our daughter even knows the speakers are "put together". She works nights (RN) so our schedules conflict a lot. I know she is off tomorrow night, then works two more nights in a row....I know she is going to want to hear them!!!!

Mark, "those bins cleaned up nice", didn't they? I told dtel he should have posted that pic of the Jeep, with the bins on the back.

Indy, gotta love Bob Marley.

Fini, I miss you too!

dtel, thank you, I really do love the way they sound....do ya wanna keep them inside?

BTW, I don't think I told you guys Buddy is now a "red belt". He will test again in a few months, if he passes, he will be a 2nd degree red belt, His martial arts instructor thinks it may take him a year or a little longer before he is prepared for his black belt test. And... he recently took 3rd place in sparring within his bracket at "The Tournament of Champions.".