What it the best gauge speaker wire form my setup.

ehinton

RF 52

RC 52

Yamaha svx661

I think i am runnin 14 or 16 gauge right now (is that ok), and will lower gauge help any, I am not having any issues right now, I was just wondering.

I think you are fine! - I don't believe gauge is that important a consideration. But what is absolutely critical is that you have the proper length to reach from the amplifier to the speaker. If it's too short you probably won't get any sound at all![:D]

But what is absolutely critical is that you have the proper length to reach from the amplifier to the speaker. If it's too short you probably won't get any sound at all!Big Smile

Wasn't that was PWK's solution for knocking the sensitivity of the fully horn loaded sytems down a bit[:D]

Do you have your speakers Bi-Wired? I highly recommend it for improved soundstage definition. This should give you a bigger improvement than increasing the gauge of your cable past 14 or so. If you haven't done it, here's how to try it:

Your speakers each should have 4 posts on them, two red and two black. The upper set is for the tweeter and the lower set of for the woofer.

Take two identical lengths of two conductor speaker wire. strip all 4 ends about 1/2 inch back. Lay the cables next to each other. Declare one end to be the receiver end and the other end to be the speaker end. On the receiver end, twist the positive leads together, and twist the negative leads together. Now your cable has two connections on the receiver end and 4 on the speaker end.

Remove the metal jumpers from your speakers. On the speaker end of the cable with 4 exposed wires, connect a set of positive and negative to the upper posts on the speaker, and connect the other set of positive and negative to the lower posts on the speaker.

Connect the positive and negative at the receiver end of the cable to the receiver.

Repeat the process for the other speaker.

A friend who has money to burn was wanting to run some speaker wire but he wants it to be thin. I suggest silver not for sound but because he could use a smaller gauge. Is there a comparison chart for silver vs copper gauge. For instance a 12 gauge copper would be what in silver gauge?

Yeah, I understood that.

But I assume that just will simulate a thicker gauge, while bi-amping take the load of the amp, by sending two channels to one speaker, one for the highs and one for the lows.

However, my understanding may be incorrect.

I might be wrong, but it seems as if bi-amp my speakers makes them sound better all around.

I have a question now though.

Since running them normal, the speakers shares the 90w per channel, which is essentially under powering them

now in bi-amp mode

am i sending 90w to the highs and 90w to the lows. and essentially overpowering them, which i should be carefull about. My biggest concern is the titanium tweeter/horn, as I don't know how it will react durning movie playback.