Poll.......Why Do You Use a Subwoofer......Or, Why Wouldn't You?

SWL

...........So you can tell people how your stereo makes your walls shake?

...........To try and acheive a "Live Sound"? [;)]

...........To drown out the sound of your speakers with bass from your sub?

...........To make your speakers sound better?[;)]

...........To annoy your neighbors?

............You just like the sound of deep, chest pounding, back massaging, thunder rolling kick your *** bass? [li] [;)]

I beleive......from experience.......that a properly tuned sub/subs adds so much to the listening experience. If not done properly, it just ruins everything........which is why some people get discouraged and dismiss it.

TRUTH ......... Klipsch Speakers don't reach down LOW enough for MY taste ............... Why waste amp power driving the woofer, let the powered Sub handle the lows, and your receiver / amp handle the Mids and Highs ............... to get the sound I want, I need a sub ....... I HATE BOOMY BASS !!!!!

Love subwoofers! There's a lot of low music tones down there you don't realize is there until you hear a good sub. I dig those low lows. It really adds to the music experience. The sub doesn't need to be loud and over whelm the room and main speakers. It just needs to do its sweet thing settle. It's cool to hear some really low stuff on old recordings too.

HT without a sub = Embarrassed

Yeah, a sub is a must in a home theatre. A lot of two-channel guys are "anti-subwoofer" for music..........Like I said, a poor out of tune sub for music will just degrade everything. A good quality sub for music properly tuned, located etc..........can't beat it in my book.[Y]

I've listened to a few high-end speakers and lots of mid-range ones and I've concluded that all speakers need the help of a sub. Simply put, a good-quality, properly integrated, sub lets you hear all the music. My La Scalas sound a bit thin when the sub is off.

Some of the hi-fi mags even state that a good bottom end makes for a more natural-sounding midrange as well.

subs are especially usefull when your neighbor tries to out volume you when the loudest you ever go is -40 db.........

Otherwise, they make the music complete.... though most people at college ask why the bass is so heavy when i play a song and I just tell them that this is how the artist really wanted to music to sound.

I have a pair of magic cables connected to my Onix SP3 integreated amp which get a signal to my sub. My sub is crossed around 50hz then down to18hz. Once i get the volume set just right it sounds very good. I had it on today and it was a nice experience listening to the Beastie Boys latest instrumental album. The sound was wonderful. I may even try the same tracks in the morning.

Yeah, a sub is a must in a home theatre. A lot of two-channel guys are "anti-subwoofer" for music..........Like I said, a poor out of tune sub for music will just degrade everything. A good quality sub for music properly tuned, located etc..........can't beat it in my book.Yes

Exactly!!!

Oldbucksterr......

You need subwoofers....!!!!!!!! At least you type like me,using lots of.... and !!!!! [:D]

I will top 30KW in pro amps in two weeks time !!!! And anihalate(in a SPL kind of way...m kay) anyone close by if they dare out blast Brit-Ney Spearz!!!!

Jazz who listens to that stuff,bring on the Backd00r Boyz and the talented singers who are 100% manufactured talentless garbage saturating the radio waves,garbage pushed to the mindless people with no taste.

Excuse rant Sinor Buckteros... enough is enough. Viva la Fidel [:#]

I think it depends of the format you´re playing, if you have a 5.1 material, the sub is needed, or you´re lost the LFE channel info. If you have a stereo L/R sistem with a speaker pair with enought low frec. response, teorically, you don´t need a Sub. The DSP of mostly Receivers, change or upgrade formats from 2.0 to 2.1 or 5.1 or more, in this case again, need a Sub.

Myself, I'm not a subwoofer fan. Right now I have the HOmemade Belles, and a set of KG-5.5s running off of two different amps for two channel stereo. The combo of these two can shake the whole house. Listening to Big Head Todd and the Monsters, my lastest find, I can feel the bass in the loveseat that I use for this setup.

I'd rather not use a sub......