EARTHQUAKE !!!

colterphoto1

It doesn't take long to confirm that an earthquake has struck when you Father was a structural engineer. We were keenly aware of the possibities growing up and I was the first and only one to stand up to exit my concrete college classroom in 1987 when that building moved. This morning at 5:39 central Indiana felt some minor tremors. I felt my bed rock and heard a framed photo shaking in a window well. Went to the window just to check if it was a bad storm, but this house is made of stone and never shakes like that. Turned on the news. 5.4 magnitude reported by USGS. COOL!

Michael,

Wow all the way to Indy !..............I felt it in Terre Haute. I thought someone had Jumped on the Bed ! Minor rattling ..........only lasted about 15 seconds but it did send a chill down my spine!....................Wow Thanks for the Confirmation !

But also now, I realize how addictive this form is.............did I go to the TV, or radio for confirmation.........NO. I found the information right here, on the Klipsch Weather site................How Cool.

Guest srobak

Never felt it here in Chicagoland - or at least - I slept through it anyhow :)

In 03 I was in Indy for that one... felt/sounded like a semi jake-braking. Had no idea it was a quake until it popped up on the news sites a short while later.

What's Shakin' Michael? LOL I felt and heard nothing here in Allen Park (just south of Detroit) but a few co-workers who live just west of here did. It was all over the radio this morning on my way in just before 6 am so that was the only reason I was aware it had happened. The radio said it wasn't an earthquake: Somebody pulled into a gas station, saw the overnight price increase and it was the sound of him dropped his wallet. {insert rimshot, please}

I won't take credit for that one! [:S] - Glenn

Earthquake's and tornadoes give NO warning, I'll stick with hurricanes, they give a couple of days warning !

Good point.

Glad you guys are ok.

Everyone is waiting for the "BIG ONE" on the west coast. If this fault line keeps it up there may be 2 north american continents split down the middle.

Harry