Quick post MOVING SUCKS

Guest srobak

Well no kidding... this is a good reason NOT to do it. I certainly got my fill moving every 6 months to 3 years over the course of 20 years. It SUCKED, and no place to all "home town".

It certainly does.....

Indeed it certainly does. Probably why I've been in this same house for the past 13 years! Just the thought of packing up this junk and having to move it just make me cringe at the thought. Hell, i'd take a day just to pack and move the dang HT system, not to mention I don't even want to think about trying to move this 55-inch Mitishubishi TV! [+o(] Unfortunatly, I may end up having to do it anyway, as this room is in desperate need of a good fresh re-painting. [:P]

Wow this is the hardest I've worked in a while. After we got everything up to Topeka I realize how much of this crap I could have parted with and not missed. Everything made the trip without too much damage. a scratch here and there but nothing too bad. Thankfully I had a lot of help to unload when we arrived. I'll owe some serious favors when it's all said and done.

I hate it so much, I decided this time to buy a used job trailer from one of the local excavator's. I only paid $550.00 for the whole trailer. It's 16' X 8' with a 60" wide rear swing door. I've built shelving 24" wide by 24" high two shelves high all the way around the perimeter. There's still plenty of room in the center for large items (push lawn mower, wheelborrow, and the such), that I've been able to place the majority of the crap you can't live without, but will never use.

Nice thing is, all you have to do is screw a orange triangle to the back of it (to indicate the trailer as a farm vehicle(don't worry the cops won't bother to check that your not a farmer) and just hook up to it and drag it to the next place). So far it's worked great. You still have to move the normal home furnishings, but, you don't have to move the really annoying stuff that you threaten to leave behind every time you move, but still move anyway.

Just back it into the new back yard, skirt it like a modular home, and plant shrubs around it. It now looks like it belongs.

I figured that a storage locker would cost at least $50.00 per month, so in a year, I've paid for the trailer and from there it's free.

Just a thought.