"Almost Official" Friday night Party/ Get Together

I posted a thread about what most of you wanted to do friday night after the official Klipsch workshops.

I was thinking of doing something at my house actually, some late night Pizza, some good music, and HT demos.

If this still sounds like something all of you coming to the event, especially those that have voted want to do, let me know.

The evening event at Klipsch should be done by 9 PM? Most of us are "night owls" anyhow.... So...

===================================================================================

My house is 18 miles from Klipsch, so 20- 25 min away drive. (I will have maps available at Klipsch Friday night.)

I was thinking maybe 10PM till maybe 1-2 AM??? People can car pool, just figure it out, between themselves.

Let me know what you all think? If it looks positive, I would love to host a party here this June 20th for the Pilgrimage.

If it looks good, I will post an official announcement by May 26th one way or another.

That way, people can sign up, so we know what to prepare for food / drinks etc., etc.

IndyKlipschFan

If we do this..Everyone is invited.. I am not gonna "play politcs" here, I am sure all of us can get along a few hours..LOL.

Why would you assume that? I have been a guest at your house Damon, your more than welcome in mine and know it!

BTW, off topic, It is my thread, so I do not care...LOL>.. I see PS3 has a HDMI out cable HDMI to a R,G B, component inputs and L, R, stereo out. and get this... 20 dollars too! I assume that might be that magic connection I talked about for us without HDMI pre amps? The Guys at Circuit City said it would?? Your thoughts?

Is it possible to hijack your own thread? you just did. That cable should do the trick.

I'm with Trey, if we have our work done I'll be there. But there will be PA to pack to the tent and I'm not sure when we'll do that. Perhaps the wee hours of the morning (with help). We're kinda thinking a 'not so static' exhibit of a bunch of pro gear just because we can.

So with any luck I'll stop by for a bit on Friday and bring my posse with me.

Sat night we're hopping at my pad though, mmmk? Sunday will be play day for anyone interested. Just listening and experimenting

yer buddy,

Michael

Colterphoto1 "Sat night we're hopping at my pad though, mmmk? Sunday will be play day for anyone interested. Just listening and experimenting."

I pretty much figured Friday might be better here. Your still gonna be busy and nervous Friday everything will come together.. (I know you! hehehehe) You can relax as well late Sat night and continue to rock on.... at your place.

We seem to be the only two crazies opening up our houses locally to do this. People can do what they want Sunday after it is over. If anything, we will give anyone who cares to listen to hang out with other Klipsch fanatics on two late nights with different systems for different situations.

I still have to talk to my other half this weekend to finalize a yes or no.. I have got some emails and good responses so far.

Roger

Roger,

I'm planning on being up there for that weekend. Sometime or another, I'd love to hear your setup. I might stay over through Monday night and leave Tuesday morning (that is current intention as long as my 'date' doesn't stand me up [*-)] )

Might come up Thursday or Friday... currently don't know. If I come up Thursday and you (or anyone at Klipsch...(you reading this Amy/Michael?)) I'd be happy to lend a hand and help out with any grunt work.

Heck... I could even do some wiring of XLR cables, I'm EXCELLENT at screwing them up and cross wiring them!! [Y]

There are a lot of systems more fancier than mine, with more expensive equipment I am sure. Add to that, a lot of rooms better designed and more $$ in treatment to them too. I am a just fan like a lot of you. But it is a good dedicated La Scala Heritage HT experience for sure. I have a 106" screen and is "dialed in" pretty good. I can't even fathom a Jube HT system for home use..LOL

My neighbor has a HT almost done designed by Theo Kalomaris. I have no idea if I can get some of you to see it that weekend, trust me it SHOULD be the fanciest theater by far I have ever been in... And you will be proud too, all real cinema KLIPSCH gear, after I twisted his arm and he experienced mine at my place.

http://www.tktheaters.com/gallery/digitalpalace/ (One of his theaters for Indy Internet guru Scott Jones)

It always amazes me, people will drool over something then never go 5-20 miles to go see/ hear it? All my La Scalas were from long road trips from Indy to Cleveland, OH and basically Miami, Florida... I struggled with side surround and subs till I got to where I am today. I am very happy with the results now.

Colterphoto1 Michael, on the other hand, IS a museum, and you and everyone else really need to see it and experience it all. (Both in speakers and his knowledge.) He will hopefully have the new Jubilees in a home setting that I wish everyone that never has heard them please.... You really NEED to. Nuff said..

The social aspect of all this hobby is important to me too. It is not enough just to do it... but to "share the experience" is always fun. I want to be clear here.... It is not about showing off, but more so about sharing the experience for me. It is like looking at the NBA finals in HD in 7.1 sound.... It is amazing, even if you do not love basketball..LOL> I really feel a lot of you are like family.. it is a reunion.. so time to plan a party!

I will, however, keep you away from making me any cables..LOL

It is not like any of us have...:

The six-channel, multi-way digital IMAX speaker system with sub-bass
utilizes 44 speakers grouped into six clusters behind the screen and at
the rear of the theatre to deliver uncompressed sound that is simply
unsurpassed in depth and clarity. 16 amplifiers generate more than
12,000 watts of power, not volume, to provide the audience with
life-like sound. IMAX’s proprietary loudspeaker system delivers
exacting volume and quality at every seat throughout the theatre. From
a small drop of rain to an enormous clap of thunder, you'll hear every
shade and subtlety, regardless of where you are sitting.

I'll be collapsed in a lawn chair with a fat cigar on Sunday. Y'all come on over and just hook up whatever you want, mmmk?

But tell Hurd not to bring that blasted subfromhell- that was just too sick.

The MCM's probably won't be used for the Klipsch event, but hopefully it'll be nice so we can roll them out and abuse my neighbors.

Enjoy that cigar Michael. I'm sure you'll have earned it.

So the big dogs don't get to come out and play early Saturday?

Now, I'd love to hear that blasted subfromhell if Michael Hurd's crazy enough to drag it down to Indy all the way from the great white north but I'd think that'd be too insane what with customs and the distance...

I'd love to hear your MCM rig too. Gotta be careful about abusing your neighbors too much... don't they apprecieate high quality music reproduction?

Anyhow, I'm sure whatever you bring for Saturday at Klipsch will be awesome. I can probably help haul things if you need any help in that department even Friday morning as I'll be there for the afternoon classes anyway and have taken the day off.

• Moderators

That sub woofer Michael is talking about was in M. Hurd's car. The sub "came along for the ride" with Hurd, he drove down from Canada. M. Hurd made an overnight stop at Picky's on the way down, then spent a couple of days with Picky and Vern on his way home.

MCM's rock![Y]

Guys..... getting a 500+ pound 16 cu ft box ( net, not gross volume ) down there is a logistical nightmare. I am a very strong guy and I can only move it by removing the 76 pound drivers and the PR's, and even then I am sliding it on it's "feet". Not to mention possibly scuffing the paint finish or the maple.

I might however be able to bring a smaller box with one 18" LMS, and 2 18" PR's, plus my QSC PLXII 3102 and Behringer DCX-2496. That box would stil be approximately 200-250 lbs, as it has to be able to stand up to some intense pressures. The PR's can move 44 mm cleanly in one direction, and at resonance, there is 19 litres of displacement in total. The only thing is that I would need someone that is strong to help move and set it up. Cables are not a problem, however I do need a good outlet, as I can easily trip a 15 amp breaker in a few seconds with demanding program material at clipping levels. ( music ) [:o]

I could actually use two slightly smaller amps, each on their own breaker for the smaller "beast", both in bridged configuration, one driving each voice coil.

Problem is that I don't have another box built yet, and 16-19 hour days ( last few ) suck. I might just see if I can snag my wood guy one night and bang together a box, but I might not have time to paint it before then.

Michael,

I'm not expecting you to haul such a beast to Indy.... nor would I expect you to haul down a mini beast as even a "small" subwoofer as you describe would still be insane to transport.... I'm sure we'd all love to see and hear anything you'd bring,we'll all be happy if you just bring yourself safely. And yes I would love to see and hear your latest project some day but really only expect that to happen should I find myself in your part of Canada.