JUBILEE IS IN STEREOPHILE!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Well sort of, but it is a start, a great start. As many of you know, fellow forum member dhtman lives in the UK and has a company called Artisan Audio. His company, I beleive, concentrates on products made by US audio companies that he imports to the U.K. He also owns Jubs but I am not sure whether he imports Klipsch speakers or not.. He apparently was at the Heathrow High Fidelity Show since Paul Messenger of Stereophile, in reviewing several exhibitors at the show said this:

"I particularly enjoyed a system put together by newcomers Artisan Audio. Their small room was dwarfed by a pair of monstrous Klipsch Jubilee speakers--Klipschorns on steroids, and intended for movie theaters--driven by by tube amlification from Quicksilver Audio and fed by a Galiber turntable with an Atrisan tonearm."

Not bad for Rogue speaker.[:D]

Congrats to dhtman/Artisan Audio and Klipsch

Travis

• Moderators

Congratulations Dhtman for a good showing, and more good advertisement for Klipsch in the UK.

That's a good comment from a part of the world where a home speaker that size is rare, they must have been impressed !

Nice post of the Hi-Fi World photos Dean. Anyone know how big a publication that is over there?

Travis

Hi-Fi World the uk mag is big enough that I can go to Barnes & Noble and buy a copy today. I have an old issue or two laying around here. Lots of boring skinny speakers reviewed.

He also owns Jubs but I am not sure whether he imports Klipsch speakers or not..

Thanks guys for the mention and congratulations.

We have had an agreement with Klipsch Europe to import the Jubilee, as there has not been a UK distributor for Klipsch. That is now changing however I'm hopeful that I will be able to continue with the Jubilee niche whilst working with the importer on other Klipsch home audio lines. I had a very positive discussion with their head of sales a few days ago.

Ralph

He also owns Jubs but I am not sure whether he imports Klipsch speakers or not..

Thanks guys for the mention and congratulations.

We have had an agreement with Klipsch Europe to import the Jubilee, as there has not been a UK distributor for Klipsch. That is now changing however I'm hopeful that I will be able to continue with the Jubilee niche whilst working with the importer on other Klipsch home audio lines. I had a very positive discussion with their head of sales a few days ago.

Ralph

I couldn't think of anyone better. It is hard to believe there isn't a distributor in the UK.

I couldn't think of anyone better. It is hard to believe there isn't a distributor in the UK.

Lemme tell ya.... Most of us here have met some/many others of ourselves... I'm here to tell you that Ralph is as Top Notch as anyone you would have met yet and he'd fit RIGHT in with all of us if he were able to swing by for a visit.

He does speak a little funny though....[6]

Thanks. Klipsch breaking into the UK is a long story. At the first attempt back in the 70s, Klipsch suffered (as did Yahama with their excellent NS1000M) from their speakers being paired with contemporary solid state amps which were quite bright. The UK fashions in speakers at the time were flat frequency response and time alignment. The Klipsch speakers sounded bright and colored in comparison so were easy to pigeon-hole and dismiss (which is always a good thing for magazines whose hidden agenda is to look after the home manufacturers). Those perceptions from thirty years ago still influence the graying generation who bought into audio during the golden years of vinyl.

Klipsch is re-entering the UK via the computer music market - pc speakers and ipod docks - the distributor is strong in computer peripherals. Probably a good strategy when you consider that they are winning sales to young consumers who might stay with the brand for another 30 years or so. Like any market, it's pyramid shaped and the volume is at the lower price points, not with Palladiums, Heritage and Jubilees.

Ralph

• Moderators

He does speak a little funny though....

Two nations separated by a common language

Shaw?

It figures that our resident wordsmith would know that. I think Wilde actually thought of the idea of a "common language" first, but Shaw cam up with the separated part.

Travis