Crimes Against The (Klipsch) Community?

Just joined up today, this is my first post, don't quite know what I'm doing just yet, but yes I too am a Klipsch-a-holic. Only have 2 sets for now, a couple of Heresy's I bought back in 1972 or was it '74? , and a pair of KG-3.2's I bought thinking they would suffice for a "poor-mans" Heresy, I wuz wrong, not even close. So for the past several months, I've been bidding on evey pair of Heresy's I thought I could afford, no luck yet, somehow they just seem to elude me, but I'll keep trying.

As for the subject of this post, I've noticed that some people will part-out a perfectly good pair of Heresy's on the online auction sites. Isn't that a crime of some sort? Double Heresy? Shouldn't they be reported to the SFTPOCTSC (Society for the prevention of cruelty to Klipsh Speakers)? [:(]

I'm so desperate that I've even considered buying each piece/part seperately to get a pair of Heresy's!

I've got this man-cave (a large metal workshop building) that I house my crankable audio stuff in, and right now I'm having to use Bose's where I don't have Heresy's for now, I know one man's trash is another man's treasure. When I do get that other set of Heresey's the 6 Klipsch's will be hooked up to some old Technics Receivers/Amps., Hey I wuz born a poor white child in Alabama, give me a break, it won't be so bad, the Heresy's will of course be in the corners (my poor-mans K-horns)[:D], the KG-3.2's on the sides, and until I can do better the 2 Bose wiil be stuck somewhere. I really enjoyed reading the post about the Hertage Codes Reference Data, what a wonderful site!

UPDATE:

Well I guess it pays to join the Klipsch Community, I lucked up last night and won a auction for a pair of 1974 Heresy's after over 30 years I should soon have my second set of Heresy's!

Welcome to the forum.

Hang in there. It may take a while to snag a pair of heresy at a decent price and hopefully within reasonable distance for local pick up. Shipping is a bear on those things and sellers often do not pack adequately. That has led to many a dinged corner and tears for the buyer.

Be careful buying parts. Piecemeal purchases will yield a more expensive heresy than expected. That's why people part them out. The sale price of the parts is more than the whole.

Sort of makes me sick, too, for perfectly good Heresys to be sold that way.

Trust me, if you are patient the opportunities will come. Since joining here I've added two pairs of Forte II's and an Academy to my collection, and bought a pair of quartets for my dad. Every speaker except one pair came directly as a result of this forum. Good luck!

It's hard to wait especially when you spend some time here on the forum reading about how great they are. However, it will happen. I just snagged a pair of mint Heresy 2's BR today for $385 from Craigslist to complete my all Heritage HT in my basement.[:)][:D][<:o)]

This was after just missing a decent pair of H1's Sunday on ebay and not being happy about it. The search has been going on for at least a year.

In the meantime, sit back, put on some music and enjoy the Klipsch you have. You will get what you want and it is worth the wait.

ps. I also have a pair of KG3's that I still love. Dump the Bose and hook up the KG's and it help with your patience level.