Where did you or are you going on vacation this year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then we went to an airshow..........

Those look like Budweiser airplanes Confused

If they are, they'll have to rename them ... Angry

Nope. That's the Team Aeroshell aerobatic group flying PT6's. Man those things produced a lovely sound when flying together. Speaking of sound......

This bad boy did a roll in dive from about 12,000', pulled out of the dive and came past us WFO at 50' off the deck and my wife would tell you the sound gave me a woodie!!!!

post-4338-13819382019604_thumb.jpg

post-4338-1381939341444_thumb.jpg

This is the island where my gf grew up. Not touristy at all. Not too many lf the terrorists are on this island in the Philippines, so it is also rather safe.

Marvel........Where in the Phil's? My late wife was from Tacloban City. I visited there twice via Manila. The first and only times I have ever been on a plane. Talk about a long flight!!

Coming from someone who has never been anywhere........can't even spell "va ka shun"........The Philippines was and always will be a very special place to me. Very humbling. [:D]

The Philippines is an incredible place. My gf grew up in Manila and in Culion, in Palawan, which looks to be about 250 miles to the west of Tacloban City. Her parents were both Hansenites (leprosy), and there is a huge asylum there. They let someone adopt her when she was small, but she later (as a teenager) found outand asked to see her parents. She decided to move back with them, and 12 other brothers and sisters. She currently is teaching English in China.

It is a place of contrasts, for sure. Incredible wealth and poverty, side by side. I met Carna online and got to know her, and have been to visit her in the Phils and in China. We meet in Ireland in just over a week (another story there). It's hard having a long distance relationship, but we are working on it.

When we met in the Phils, we pretty much stayed in Makati City, a part of Metro Manila. She had to get her passport renewed and take care of some other business. Some of her family live northeast of Manila in Tala. We had a great time. I had never been out of the US, but decided that I didn't want to be 90 years old and say "what if..." China was really interesting, Hong Kong and Macau were incredible! I could see myself living either place.

Bruce

That's very interesting, Bruce. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there. [:D]

One thing, among many others, that I remember was leaving Chicago in the middle of February. Frigid temperatures.....and then arriving in the Phil's 80-90 degree hot and humid weather. Inviting at first, then walking around with a bottle of water at all times with a towel hanging on my neck!!

After about a week or so I started to get somewhat used to it. Then, after two weeks and arriving back in to Chicago's cold, sub-zero weather......YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. Why would anyone live here? Getting off the plane was like walking into a freezer!! [:o]

Yeah, I could see myself down the road settling down there also. Living a simple life.......as long as I have something to plug my tunes into. [:D]

One thing, among many others, that I remember was leaving Chicago in the middle of February. Frigid temperatures.....and then arriving in the Phil's 80-90 degree hot and humid weather. Inviting at first, then walking around with a bottle of water at all times with a towel hanging on my neck!!

After about a week or so I started to get somewhat used to it. Then, after two weeks and arriving back in to Chicago's cold, sub-zero weather......YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. Why would anyone live here? Getting off the plane was like walking into a freezer!! Surprise

Same story...

Years ago (the year the Cincinnati Bengals played in the "freezer bowl", in fact, it was the same weekend)

I was in Colorado on a ski trip. Flying home, I suppose we stopped over in Atlanta, then landed in Cincinnati. The weather had a wind chill of -60 degrees (negative 60) in Cincy, arriving at something like 10:00 pm.

What was funny.... at the luggage pickup, was a gal wearing a VERY skimpy short skirt, halter top and little else...(clearly showing off some nice legs and other attributes)...evidently, they had just come home from a trip to the Virgin Islands or someplace warm like that and instead of getting on the plane thinking "hmm, what is the weather like where I am going" they got onto the plane thinking about the weather where they were.

She had her luggage WIDE open, clothes all over the place (floor) as she was searching for something....ANYTHING to put on to help fight the frigid temperature outside.

To tell the truth, she looked pretty stupid but it was funny to watch her.

I remember the Freezer Bowl all to well!!! I was working for a catering company and we supplied the skyboxes At riverfront stadium with all their F+B......Our trucks were parked by a satellite loading dock and the wind was whipping at like 30 MPH...so it must have been like -75 or 80 with the windchill....after about 4 trips I thought I was frozen and hypothermic....i got up to the pantry area and climbed inside a jumbo hot cart used for keeping 300 plates of food warm.....man that was nasty!!!!

Saratoga Flat track opens tomorrow, should be a good year, on TV alot ESPN and ABC, best concerts coming, Lake George, the Adirondacks, guess I'm pretty lucky, I live in a vacation spot ..................... year round ................ come to North Country New York, alot of History here, Battle of Saratoga, Fort Ticonderoga, Coopers Caves ............

Yeah , we know this area very well since we´ve been there first time in 1978 .

So we visited L.A. for about 30 times .

The things I´m lookin for are :

No german language - no german people - relaxin all the days - cruisin around - no phone - no computers - much on coffee - warm and dry weather -

greetz . Werner .