Where did you or are you going on vacation this year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to fly? Drive? Walk?

You & wife or you & family?

Domestic? International?

Want romantic getaway island in West Indies?

Want tourist island (trap) in West Indies?

Wanna come to Knoxville, leave the wife behind & Jube out for a couple days? [A] Heck, bring the wife... you can go down the Ocoe (white water rafting), visit the sun sphere or simply hang out at the farmers co-op, here in good ole Greenback, TN. You can do the chewing tobacco thing but you'd have to bring your own spittoon, unless of course, the wife will carry a 2-litre bottle around for you?

I, my bro and a friend went to Yellowstone and the Tetons for a few days last month, got caught in ice and snow on the way back. I went to the 5 Nat'l parks in So. Utah in the '80s, took more like 2 weeks. New England in the fall is terrific, but Hawaii is still the best.

How about, Hong Kong ???

OB,

I was in Hong Kong last October, and it was a very, very cool place. Incredible transportation infrastructure with the subways, trains and buses. Macau was prettier, and smaller, but looks very European, due to it having been a colony of Portugal. A short time apart by ferry.

Now isn't a good time to go because of the Olympics taking place in Beijing. Round trip flight to HK from Atlanta in August was about $2200 dollors and up.

I'm headed to Ireland to meet up with my gf. We have relatives to stay with, so no hotels to deal with. Gonna be a blast.

Bruce

I flew (with the wife) out to San Diego to help her sister pack & move back to TN. We loaded up the moving van and let it go on its way. We then spent couple days in San Diego, hopped into Sis in laws car and drove across the country.

REALLY enjoyed the Arizona and New Mexico parts.

Maybe you could fly out there and drive back. Once in Arkansas though, you'd have to spin south for a tour of the Klipsch factory in Hope.

Marvel, if I remember correctly, didn't JacksonBart always have Hong Kong as where he lived (location) on his avatar !!!!!

Yup, he did, but he makes up a lot of stuff. That's why he's so great to have around. [*-)]

On July 1st, we closed on our vacation/retirement home just 5 miles from the beach in Delaware. It's 100 miles from our house in MD so it'll be a LONG time before we vacation anywhere else. We plan to be there permanently in about 10 years.

JB - You're more than welcome to come visit for a few days :) Good luck with your search.

post-11821-1381938191362_thumb.jpg

post-11821-13819393311334_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

On July 1st, we closed on our vacation/retirement home just 5 miles from the beach in Delaware.

Vacation home??? What the heck is a "vacation home??"
[:)]

Congrats, gary, that looks just beautiful.

I didn't take a vacation this year, but mom just got back from Glacier Nat'l Park, Montana.... They had a great time, and the pics are gorgeous. Gotta be careful of the bears, though.