New Camaro release

HarryO

While sharp in design and concept, they look cheap and plasticky! Just more junk peddled from GM that will not even last 5 years and have the reliability of a Yugo. My old BMW M5 will still eat them up and spit them out like hillbilly with a can of skoal.

What planet do you live on, the only cars I have had reliability probelms with in the past 20 are Toyota (2 blowing head gaskets at 75 K), Mazada (same probelm) and Nissan (crappy clutch, horrible breaks) none of my GM products have ever had reliability problems from my old Beretta (89 still on the road but with a different owner @ about 300K mi) to my Silverado. Cosmetically my beretta needed some work for sure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK back on track I love the new camarro, saw at SD auto show, looked awesome a throw back to the 69 SS for sure with all the modern tweaks and improvements to keep it relevant, I have never been a big firebird guy, always a bit on the gaudy side IMO. My concern is they are looking at the wrong time to release it with gas @ $4-$5/gal.

Of course now that I've called out Frzn I should add my next car will likely be a Z4. [;)]

I really like the Firebirds, very nice, but take the Firebird off the hood. I guess the people that buy these New Camaro's aren't worried about the price of gas, so sticker price won't mean much either, they will be nice though. I'll even bet they're fun to drive, handle well, good power ........... Yeah, ok, I'd like one, no doubt ........ ah, someday maybe !!!!

• Moderators

Jackie Gleason is dead? How about some new Rockford Files?

This one is my fav, but I would loose the screaming chicken

Jb, I had the original like that when it came out. Plastic decal on the hood and many other plastic parts to make it look sporty. But it was all show and no go, to heavy and not enough power, it did corner very well after a little work.

The car I had before that was MUCH closer to what a sports car should be in my opinion, a 1969 Datsun 2000, two seater. It was very light, handled very well and was fast and fun to drive. Anytime you have a car that can handle well and has more horsepower than cubic inches 120ci / 135 HP with a nice 5 speed transmission, in a light small convertible you will have a good time. Of all the cars I had that little Datsun was the most fun, unless you were looking for parts

A few years back I had a Corvette Z06 with a few mods (custom plenum, exhaust, intake...basic stuff) and I also had a EvoVIII that was moded t the max...550 AWHP

the Z06 was fun for the chicks..and was a fun ride ....but nothing in my experience was like that Evo VIII.....It would run darn near 10 sec in the 1/4....eat a porsche up on the road rally track.....I could drive it home from events, rain-snow-Haaaa, and drive it to work all the while getting 24-26 MPG if I kept it to 4K rmp. The handling was fool proof...you just looked where you wanted to go and you went....the Z06 was a lot more work at speed...My friends 850hp viper just scared the crap out of me, way to much work, exhausting to drive.

Now if toyota puts out a new supra.......

That camaro is nice. However, I was looking at the big boy Dodge Challenger and I think I would take the Challenger over the Camaro. I saw a black one at the dealer with the 6.1 HEMI, and it sure was a sweet looking ride. Too bad it already had a sold sign in the window. Surprise

Considering that Challenger could reach a value of 7 or even 8 digits in 30 years it's also likey a great investment.Fantastic car that reclames true muscle with 425 hp.I met a guy with one in a parking lot,orange with black,really sharp car,and a very happy owner.

I think it's great to see these type cars in production,poor timing not withstanding.

What makes you think the current generation will want today's challenger for a million (7 digits) or more when the future belongs to gasless combustion or even no combustion? Like I said, how much would you pay for a horse drawn carriage? Flash forward to their future, because that's what today's and yesterday's cars will be.

Look at it this way. Today's chargers, mustangs, etc are marketed and styled to evoke the young days of the baby boomer. The 20 year olds are not the one's lusting after these things. When the boomers die off where is the market. In the seventies, certain ferraris were dirt cheap because they weren't "the" right ferrari. Now any ferrari commands decent money. Jags show the same thing. Why? Boomers. The next generation will not care. It's always what you don't expect, otherwise we would have bought ferraris and jags and chargers when they were dirt cheap. Quite frankly, I don't understand much of the pricing for sixties american cars, the reason no one wanted them after a few years then should still be true today. Only rich now but poor geeks then support the market.

I would say a good number of people. I was at the Chrysler/Dodge dealer today getting my company car serviced and I must have seen around 15 people pull in to look at these new Challengers. The ones that can afford this car really are not concerned about the current gas prices. It has nothing to do with the CURRENT generation. Many oldtimers are wanting the cars from their youth.

That camaro is nice. However, I was looking at the big boy Dodge Challenger and I think I would take the Challenger over the Camaro. I saw a black one at the dealer with the 6.1 HEMI, and it sure was a sweet looking ride. Too bad it already had a sold sign in the window. Surprise

Considering that Challenger could reach a value of 7 or even 8 digits in 30 years it's also likey a great investment.Fantastic car that reclames true muscle with 425 hp.I met a guy with one in a parking lot,orange with black,really sharp car,and a very happy owner.

I think it's great to see these type cars in production,poor timing not withstanding.

For clarification.

What makes you think the current generation will want today's challenger for a million (7 digits) or more when the future belongs to gasless combustion or even no combustion? Like I said, how much would you pay for a horse drawn carriage? Flash forward to their future, because that's what today's and yesterday's cars will be.

Look at it this way. Today's chargers, mustangs, etc are marketed and styled to evoke the young days of the baby boomer. The 20 year olds are not the one's lusting after these things. When the boomers die off where is the market. In the seventies, certain ferraris were dirt cheap because they weren't "the" right ferrari. Now any ferrari commands decent money. Jags show the same thing. Why? Boomers. The next generation will not care. It's always what you don't expect, otherwise we would have bought ferraris and jags and chargers when they were dirt cheap. Quite frankly, I don't understand much of the pricing for sixties american cars, the reason no one wanted them after a few years then should still be true today. Only rich now but poor geeks then support the market.

Too bad you didn't buy em' up when they were dirt cheap.I suppose they'll have flyin' cars in 30 years anyway,lol.With all due respect,a Hemi Challenger is not a Mustang,I also know plenty of youngsters with Mustangs,and few "boomers"(I did not know this group had different needs and wants as other people).The same youngsters that can't afford this car now will be able to someday,just as before,but they'll have the cash.If you think this car kept in good condition will be worth less in 30 years,you're welcome to that opinion.

Quite frankly it don't matter if you understand pricing or not,it sounds like you're not buyin'.

Since I'm in the young-middle 20 something group, let me throw my opinion and knowledge of my young twenty something freinds.

I like the style of the new camaro, would I buy one? No, not my style, not my kind of car. I have do have two friends who love it, and will get one next year. They have also always been big muscle car guys. One has a 90's camaro with a ton of work done to it. As for my other friends, none of them seem to have any interest in these muscle cars. What do they prefer? BMW, Merc, Audi, Toyota/Lexus. They want luxary, they want comfort, then want to ride in style.

Well see what versions of the Camaro come out with, but if you look at the mustang, and you look at the 3 modified ones you can buy such as the Saleen version, honestly imho, the performance boost they give to tweak the cars is horrible. Maybe its politics, and insurance preventing them from really tweaking it up, but I hardly think 310hp is muscle anymore when it's not cracking sub 5 second 0-60, and still high 13's. Maybe Im biased, but then again all my muscle car friends do love my subaru. It's a totally different feeling, but I'll glaldy stick with my sub 5 second, 320hp Subaru. Now the Chevy 454's in our boat, their a totally different beast.