American Killed In Beijing

jamesV

It's a little know fact that you are five times more likely to die in a situation invloving a knife, than the same situation involving a gun.

Japan has outlawed guns, but they have a knife problem (even though anything larger than a paring knife has to be registered).

For a while, gangs in Great Britian favored box-cutters and Stanley knives (still possible to kill someone with a blade less than one inch long).

Weapons don't kill people, people kill people (and you can't legislate morality).

My co-worker's wife works for the gentleman who was killed. She called today to tell my co-worker that he had been murdered. I couldn't believe it when he told me that. She used to have meetings with Mr. Bachman every month. Unbelivable.

Makes you wonder what is up with China? All of sudden some are flipping out and killing us off.....First the Bus and now a tourist site that was supposed to one of the safest areas to visit with its beefed up security. What is the world coming too? At least this guy jumped off the building and fell to his death. He did ask to be killed like the guy in a Portage La Praire court room last week.

Todd> There is a truckload of anti-american sentiment there. You'd almost be safer walking around baghdad.

That hasn't been my experience at all. Have you ever been there or is this just an ignorant conclusion pulled out of thin air?

wasn't there an instance here with a guy trying to bomb the summer games in atlanta a few years back?

Things like that never happen here in America where we can tote a 44 magnum..."the most powerful handgun......"Devil

Really a shame....nuts every where you go.....

Guest srobak

sput> My company has 2 factories there. I unfortunately have to travel there upwards of 4x a year. As I said - there is a lot of anti-american sentiment there. If you live ina business or tourist bubble when you travel there, then you do not see it. This event which has the worlds eyes focused upon it gives the whackjobs all the more reason to make a statement.

Bob> the bomb went off and it was captured on tape.