Yet another Rosewood restoration with custom La Scala center

greg928gts

Greg, i'm curious what you do to get that beautiful reddish color out of your Rosewood projects. Are you just oiling them or is there a particular stain you like to use?

Jeremy

It's a combination of the veneer and halogen lighting. The red is there, but halogen lighting really brings it out in the photos.

This project is the first for me using spray lacquer (Minwax from a spray can, satin finish). Very nice.

Greg

post-11090-13819400115024_thumb.jpg

post-11090-13819410268558_thumb.jpg

Greg,

Beautiful, as always. Very creative work to match the LaScala to the Khorns.

One question: Is the La Scala top hat somewhat taller than the Khorn top hats?

The design is from Shinall, I can't take credit for that one.

No, the top of the La Scala is the same height. It is much narrower though, and I extended the grill cloth around the sides a couple of inches more.

Greg

post-11090-13819400115734_thumb.jpg

post-11090-13819410269288_thumb.jpg

Where in New Jersey?

West Paterson

That is only 10 miles away from me. Is there any possible way to see them and hear them? Is the owner a nice person willing to let that happen?

I'll ask him. He said it was going to be a couple of months before he gets them into the new addition on his house, which is not finished yet. There are no components in the Khorns right now, I don't know if he's going back to the stock components or upgrading.

He seems like a very nice guy by email. I've never met him, he sent a driver up with a van to drop them off and the same driver is coming up today to pick them up.

Greg