Well, I put down a deposit!!

customsteve01

Guest srobak

Unfortunately Harley riders don't wear helmets, and where they are required to, I don't think they would be caught dead wearing a sport helmet.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Harley riders don't wear helmets, and where they are required to, I don't think they would be caught dead wearing a sport helmet.

It's a touchy subject and I gotta agree that someone wearing a full hemet on a Harley doesn't fit the image. Myself, I don't mind looking like a dorky bobble head but thats just me. And I don't mean to sound preachy but a good helmet saved my pretty face and probably my life. I think there could be some money to be made in developing a Snell approved helmet specifically to appeal to Harley riders. Maybe a skull motif with some chrome studs and leather fringe or a big doo rag cover for a standard helmet [;)]. Seriously though, they are beautiful bikes and there should be a good helmet to match.

I didn't mean to threadjack and I'd still go with the black bike.

I will say that I do wear a helmet but probably for the most part it is because of the law that requires it to be worn, and cause Caroline wants me to. lol I actually own 4 helmets for me and 3 for Caroline. The most comfortable one is the non-dot aproved brain bucket. The one that is worn the most is a 3/4 open face with a full shield. Sput, I am really glad everything is working out for you. You had us worried. Steve

post-16814-1381940023316_thumb.jpg

post-16814-13819410382696_thumb.jpg

I am having second thoughts on the color though. I really like 3 of the choices and the problem is you can't get all 3 colors in the same place at the same time to do a good comparison. The three are Black pearl, Red Hot SunGlo, and Dark Blue Pearl. I saw the Dark Blue Pearl yesterday and am leaning more toward that now

Steve,

I broke a clutch cable on my '90th Anniversary Edition last wednesday afternoon and while at the HD shop I saw the blue on a loaded out "dresser".

It looks very classic and the depth of the Pearl is so nice especially when the light lays on it. Do the blue.

The black and grey finish on my '93 had to go after a while. I ended up buying all new painted parts from an '86 CR with the red candy and black sided inlay tanks. The black and red paint scheme broke up the overall black look.

Harry

Harry

Harley riders' heads aren't any harder than anyone else's, and the laws of physics are the same no matter what you ride. I've bounced my head off the pavement quite a few times, mostly on the racetrack, but also a few times on the street, plus a couple of times on my bicycle. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet every time, who knows which of those impacts could have meant a life-altering brain injury?

And you don't even have to fall to benefit from a good helmet. Try riding at highway speed in the rain or behind a gravel truck without face protection and see how it feels...

Guest srobak

black and chrome!! if it don't shine, it ain't mine.... chrome will get you home!!!

NOTE: NOT directed at you... but your chrome comment reminded me of this...

Posted Image

• 1 month later...