LOL-- I've been blocked!!!

darylomer12

For the last couple of months, my wife and I have been looking for a certain bed set for our 8 year old daugher, who is in love with Emperor penguins. We found the perfect 6 pc penguin bed set on Ebay, but it wasn't twin, it was full. I emailed the seller about the possibility of getting the same one, but in the twin. They replied, "we should be getting more in the first week of Dec". I noticed from the "completed listings" they have been selling them at $82. Well, today they finally had one listed and it was in the twin. Perfect!! But the price went from $82 to $95??? I didn't quite understand the price increase, so I asked the seller why they changed the price from $82 to $95? I wasn't rude at all, just curious....... I waited all day to get a response and didn't get one. So in fear that it would sell and we wouldn't be able to find another one before Christmas, I went to buy it....... After I hit the buy-it-now button, I recieved a message stating that I have been blocked!!!! I can't purchase this item now because they blocked me.. I am still in shock.. I can't believe they would block me for asking about the price increase... Is this normal? and if you had noticed the change in price, would you have asked about it? I have looked for the last hour on the net and can't seem to find it anywhere... In case your wondering, it's this item...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENGUIN-TWIN-Comforter-Sheets-Shams-6PC-BED-IN-BAG_W0QQitemZ220321160003QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's just the thing... My sister already said she would buy it for us.. But the more I think about it.. Why give them the business? But the other part of me want's it because our daughter would be so excited!! Let's see.... Pride vs Daughter's happiness? I think I'll have my sister buy it. But I really hate to give them the business..[8o|]

I know nothing would make you more happier than to see your daughter face light up with joy if you did get it.

But me - pride will get in my way. Have you thought about getting a similar bed made. It may cost more but who cares.. and if you did this you would be much happier for it I recon. IMHO anyway.

I have thought about maybe looking into something similar, but there is nothing similar. They are impossible to find and I have looked for hours. If it was something for me, I definately wouldn't give them the business. Still thinking about it... Pride won't let me call my sister right now.. Maybe after I sleep on it I'll give her a call..

Wow, that must be the rarest kind of seller to be more interested in having their butt on their shoulder than making a sale. How wude!

I can certainly understand your resistance to giving this seller any business. However, you aren't buying this for you. It's a gift for your daughter who will be delighted with the gift. She's what it's about anyway. Chalk it up (as the equivalent) to running across a rude sales person in a store. It's certainly not worth grinding your gears over it.

Since I'm a sick, twisted freak, I'd get some perverse pleasure in doing an end run around the guy who didn't want me to have the item.

But, that's just me.

I have no knowledge on this particular case, but in general, the seller you are dealing with is an Ebay PowerSeller. The new rules Ebay has placed on PowerSellers are very rough. If the PowerSeller gets just a few low ratings on DSR's (Detailed Seller Ratings), Ebay will place large monetary penalties on the seller. So, if the seller thinks a customer might be less than 100 percent satisfied, he is likely to just block the buyer rathen than take the chance of a low DSR mark in any of the four categories. The DSR ratings are 1 to 5 in 4 categories. Any rating below 5 is unsatisfactory according to Ebay. Penalties start to kick in with an average rating of less than 4.9 in any of the 4 categories. Ebay will remove the seller from the Powerseller program if the rating falls below 4.6 in any of the categories. At a DSR of less than 4.3 in any category, Ebay kicks the seller off of Ebay.

Bob Crites

Gregg,

PowerSellers get discounts on selling fees depending on how high the DSR's are. Also, an Account Executive (a real person) with a toll free phone number to help with any problems on Ebay if your total sales are high enough.

Bob

Let's see....an extra $13 now .....or years of therapy later????

"Daddy hated me...I wasn't a boy like he wanted......Joey got the football bedroom set.....If I were just prettier and skinnier daddy would have loved me more and I would have gotten my sheets"

ahhh Guilt...the gift that keeps on giving......

Just got home from work and read all the replies.. You guys are hilairious!!! Thanks for the link the other set G--mack. Daddy Dee, I originally had an idea... I was going to call all my friends and family members and tell them to email the seller and have them ask the same question I asked about the price increase. If I could have got 20-30 people to do it, I would have. I would have loved for them to waste their time and block everyone who asked. Anyway, good point Bob. I never knew that about power sellers. That's probably why they blocked me. Anyway, thanks again for everyones input. I'm going to call me sister now and have her buy it. My daughter is definately worth a hit on my pride.. Take care and happy holidays everyone!!

I wouldn't give them my money...period. I'm sure they are not the sole suplier of that set.

Of course, I'm an A-Hole if a seller pisses me off. I don't flame them on EBAY, unless they did something knowingly wrong, but still....

Buy a Buzzard setup and tell her it's the North American Sky Penguin!