Heard Khorns for 1st time since 1986-WOW

hobie1dog

First post , so be gentle.[:^)]

Heard some 2007 model Khorns yesterday and it had been back in 1986 since I had originally heard them. I am looking to find a set of speakers with great dynamics and the ability of reproduce a set of drums in my room. I was especially impressed with the speakers being 20 feet apart and a solid image right in the middle of the front wall. The sweet spot was also very large to me which is another plus as I play trumpet to records and like to walk around when the music is cranked. 90% of all the speakers I've heard do not have the capability to reproduce a 18piece Big Band in the room, or that there is a real drummer in the room.

I left with the feeling though, that I would be happy with 2 pairs of them(one pair stacked on top of the first pair), I just wanted more of everything they offered. I will be hopefully auditioning the Jubilees very soon....maybe they will satisy my need for dynamics and mid-bass slam.[:D]

Welcome to the Forum. The stacked K-horn's idea is hilarious!!!! Would not work very well, but would look imposing!!! Depending upon where you are located, you might be able to correspond with a Forum member who has a pair of Jubilees. Other option is a pair of K'horns and a LaScala, or Cornwall as a "center" channel. Good luck in determining what you will eventually get and post questions, etc. on the Forum. Most everyone here is relatively "gentle", and you will find a wealth of information to help you as you go.

Heard some 2007 model Khorns yesterday and it had been back in 1986 since I had originally heard them

Pretty amazing that you heard some 2007 Khorns way back in 1986... [6]

Oh...ok...you DID say to be gentle...[;)]

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good reading on both of them however, not too many here have stacked their Khorns that I know of. You can do a search on Jubilee and find all sorts of good reading.

Thanks, I did forget to mention that I have the brain capacity of a retarded mosquito, so bear with me.

I'm looking forward to listening to your Jubilees really soon....actually this coming week-end is looking good for me.[Y]

Quote from Boogie Nights, " Believe me, you NEED the bass."

The stacked k horn visual reminded me of a set up that I experienced when buying a pair of cornwalls. The guy I was buying them from had them stacked on top of a pair of Voice of the Theaters. He was selling the cornwalls because he had bought a pair of belles which were now stacked on top of the VOTs. He was driving this set up with a mid 70s mega watt reciever in what was a pretty small den like room. Talk about overkill! No it didnt sound very good! Loud but not good.

Josh

• Moderators

Thanks, I did forget to mention that I have the brain capacity of a retarded mosquito

This fact will actually put you into the upper echelon around these parts...Stick out tongueHuh?Angel

Wow, retarded mosquito, your going to fit in just perfectly, welcome to the forum !

I left with the feeling though, that I would be happy with 2 pairs of them(one pair stacked on top of the first pair), I just wanted more of everything they offered. I will be hopefully auditioning the Jubilees very soon....maybe they will satisy my need for dynamics and mid-bass slam.Big Smile

You are clearly insane. You will fit in just fine.

Jubilees sound incredible.

When I had the 2-24" Hartley subwoofers in my system several years ago, they added an incredible amount of ambience to the sound. I distinctly remember even putting on a CD that had a sound effect in it and my Chocolate Labrador Retriever- Hobie, where my screen name comes from, turned his head towards the speakers and his ears picked up and then he barked.....he had never done that before when I played that CD.

Hobie- buddy of 14 glorius years. He could hear a gnat fart at 50 yards.[&][:)]

Posted Image

Mini hi-jack; Coytee, I plan to take my Mc C-28 up to Terry sometime in Dec probably 21-31st

Wow... talk about sick irony... I am pretty sure that's the weekend (Saturday) we're driving from here (starting at 5:00 pm) to Richmond, Virginia... staying overnight for a wedding Sunday morning and then driving home Sunday afternoon/evening.

I'll double check the date but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Will you be driving back to pick it up or is Terry shipping it?

You all may now go back to your mosquito breath bashing....[*-)]