OT: So What's in your humidor?

J.4knee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchase a grab bag of various sizes and wrapper types to educate your palate.

Here's another tip. Larger ring gauge cigars will typically be comprised of several leaves, which gives the maker a chance to create a blend of flavors, in addition to the very important wrapper leaf. I find sizes above 48 to be best in this regard, although I enjoy smaller smokes on occasion. To get the most bang for your buck, invest in several sizes until you get comfortable smoking. I hate to relight a cigar, but equally dislike wasting costly tobacco by putting them out early. Therefore, smoke the proper size for the length of smoking session.

The old idea is that while you are enjoying the smoke that you do little else, therefore you relax and your tension flows out as you exhale the smoke. 

Two good post Michael. The importance of a humidor cannot be overstated. James, here is a good starting place to get ideas about what you may want in a humidor.

http://www.humidorswholesaler.com/accessories_list.php/catid/27/category/CUBAN+CRAFTERS+HUMIDORS

J.4knee,

Thanks for the link. I seen one on there that I might put up after the holidays. I am going to stop by the place that I use to purchase my cigars from sometime this week. Maybe look to see what kind of lighters they have, that is another thread by itself.... [:#]

James

Arturo Fuentes (including 3 Opus X) and 1 very old pre-ban Cuban (acquired from a local tobaconist at a cigar dinner).

I am a very occassional cigar smoker (1-3 times a year) but have settled on Arturos for my humidor as to me nothing smokes as mild. It is not uncommon for me to have Opus X's or Grand Reserves or Hemmingways - aging in cedar for years.

From my pipe days (25 years ago) I still have many Charatan's, Savinelli straight grains, Parkers, Ben Wades, and numerous carved Merschams in the antique bookcase. Some have never had a bowl filled or lit. Straight stems, bent stems, even a Calabash.

rplace... Friends don't let friends drive drunk or do things they know can harm them. There are reasons for those warnings on tobacco products. If you don't want to take my advice that's your choice. I feel I would be remiss for not sharing my perspective. The advice is for your good, not mine. And actually I have hardly even touched the subject for whatever that's worth.

[:D]

post-13095-138194280251_thumb.jpg

Cohiba Robusto- Cohiba Genios-Cohiba Siglo4-Cohiba Siglo6-Cohiba Aniv Pyramid- Cohiba esplendito Directors reserve

Bolivar Royal corona- bolivar gold medal-

monte 2s monte 4s- h uppman chruchills-partagas series D-

Romeo Churchills- Cuaba- juan lopez

non Cubans- padron 1926- fuente work of art-padron 1964

The best Cubans come from Australia and germany.