Own A Piece of Nosvalves History

thebes

That was originally sold as a prototype of the first VRD-ST-45 and picked up here without packaging. That customer traded it for a $3000 or $4000 set of speakers...he couldn't turn down the one sided deal. The new guy sold it without ever using it here on the this forum....and shipped with less then reasonable packaging VIA isured Canadian post.... Canadian post paid the full claim from what I was told and I believe kept the amplifier (not sure)... Now this guy selling it on eBay I have no idea who he is...but I wondered often what ever happened to the amp. Obviously he knows zero about its history.

Please folks do not flood my inbox with how much to fix the amp.... I'll tell you right now it takes more labor to fix that amp then to build a new one so the answer is ALLOT...... So if you buy it buy it real cheap or not at all.

Craig

Nailbender, was the seller honest, or was he difficult to deal with. I bid on this, but had reservations with him oh so carefully editing all the needed corner photos to see the extent of the damage.

Was it completely torn up, or did the top plate and transformers take all the damage?

I'm concerned that he will duplicate his pisspoor packing job a second time, if you know what I mean>>>...

Dave,

That is not the same seller as Nailbender purchased the amp from. The seller Nailbender bought it from knew the entire history and company that made the prototype amp. I believe this seller sourced the amp from the Canadian postal service or something like that.

Craig

Sorry I didn't reply sooner before the auction ended. As written before, it is good for parts only. The top plate is severly bent and the wood is all split. The transformers seemed undamaged. I plan on buying a VRD when funds permit. While waiting on a refund for this amp I bought a Dynaco 60wpc kit from Bob Latino for my Cornscalas. I'm happy for now.

Brian

Sorry I didn't reply sooner before the auction ended. As written before, it is good for parts only. The top plate is severly bent and the wood is all split. The transformers seemed undamaged. I plan on buying a VRD when funds permit. While waiting on a refund for this amp I bought a Dynaco 60wpc kit from Bob Latino for my Cornscalas. I'm happy for now.

Brian

I was thinking about "parts only" as the transformers were damaged.

I can easily make up a wood chassis and have a top plate CNC machined by a good friend. Oh well, I think it went for $300+ with another $100 for shipping. It could have been a fun project.