tied of using a sub in 2ch!!!!!!

beelzebub

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornwall III and never look back...

I agree - the Jub and RF-83 and especially Khorn/lascala aren't gonna touch the Cornwall III when it comes to straight up hard thumping 2-Channel Metal. The only other speaker I'd recommend is the P39f, but thems a bit pricey. RF-83 would be a close 3rd, but the Cornwall is going to project a way larger sound with much cleaner mids. What specific metal will you be listening too?

Cornwall III and never look back...

I agree - the Jub and RF-83 and especially Khorn/lascala aren't gonna touch the Cornwall III when it comes to straight up hard thumping 2-Channel Metal. The only other speaker I'd recommend is the P39f, but thems a bit pricey. RF-83 would be a close 3rd, but the Cornwall is going to project a way larger sound with much cleaner mids. What specific metal will you be listening too?

i listen to old metalica, slayer, all death metal, black metal. and some idustrial

Yeah, that first avatar creeped me out, I like the new one a lot better. Now if we could just do something about the moniker.

The Cornwall III uses the K-700. As a bit of a metalhead myself, I can't think of a worst candidate for that kind of music at high SPL's.

From Klipsch; a set of modified RF-7's would be my first choice -- and I would get two good subs.

I like beelz's new avatar!!!! Cool Alot!!! Especially the babe!!! Yes (although the Thompson has a simple "beauty" all it's own")

I still vote for Cornwalls.... Alot of them...!!!

alot of cornwall's? just put one in all four corners of the listening room? that would be insane!!!!

how much power can you throw at the cornwall's?

I listen to metal as well, from time-to-time. I have had the KLF-20's, RF-7's, and frote II's,

My fovorite speaker between these for metal would be the RF-7's. They have amazing bass, and are less harsh than a 3-way speaker....(harsh isn't a ggod discription). My RF-7 crossovers have been modified by DeanG as well. Of course, for those puppy's, amplification is the key!

At lower listening volumes, I think the 3-way forte II's sound much better.

Good luck to you!

PS - Forget my comment on the 2 AM radio's. On further consideration I don't feel this is a viable option anymore.

I don't think you'd do badly with either the Cornwalls or RF-7s, but I'd vote on the Cornwalls simply because I'm biased (my '79 Cornwalls rocked being driven by a McIntosh MC7200 blasting AC/DC and Led Zep)!

I vote for RF-7's, KLF-30's, RF-83's, heck even CF-4's if you can find them.

Any of those will cave your chest in with machine gun double bass, blast and skank beats, whilst unleashing the unholy dual guitar face melter, as they conjure Satan, or at-least a minor demon into your inner ear canal. [6] [6] [6]. They also work quite well for BeeGee's and Devo.[:D]

Pffffft, all these Klipsch coolaid drinkers....

There ain't nuthen that will lull your earlobes like some Marie Osmond over a couple of Panasonic Thrusters and Radio Shack Mach 1's in tandom.

Trust me... would someone like me lie?

[A]

I vote for RF-7's, KLF-30's, RF-83's, heck even CF-4's if you can find them.

Any of those will cave your chest in with machine gun double bass, blast and skank beats, whilst unleashing the unholy dual guitar face melter, as they conjure Satan, or at-least a minor demon into your inner ear canal. DevilDevilDevil. They also work quite well for BeeGee's and Devo.Big Smile

i guess you don't dig the cornwall's...

I really wonder if the recommendations have actually been used with metal?

The cornwall is a great jazz speaker. But give some serious watts and the great cornwall becomes a rumble box.

My suggestion grab some Chorus II's cheap. Add a big QSC amp cheap. Let er rip!

The Chorus II is anything but loose.

How do you reconcile that comment for your love of all things Moody Blues?

That's not Heavy Metal? :)

Yeah, I love The Moody Blues, The Beatles, and The Doors -- but I also listen to Korn, Disturbed, Deftones, Metallica, etc.

Cornwalls with the latter at about 100dB results in a nice case of earbleed.