Congrats Mark Deneen, on your retirement

gonzp

sad to see the end of the product line...I guess I just assumed someone would be carrying on the line...but very happy for yo, sir...I look forward to hearing what changes YOU might be making to your stereo set up...

Bill

Well said! I can't believe JM will cease to exist as a brand! You could have warned us, so we could pile up some orders to keep you busy... [;)]

Mark,

Best of luck with your retirement.

I remember years ago when my father retired he had made a list of all the things he wanted to do when he retired. With in three months the list disappeared. Within another three months he was back at work. The difference was now he worked part time and on his own terms. Perhaps your retirement will also have some surprises in store.

In either case, enjoy!

Take care,

-Tom

I want to take a moment of this forums (and my) time to explain just exactly what we are losing here.

Mark's business was FOR US. He created a product (a line of preamps) SPECIFICALLY for the needs of us picky horn users in 2 channel (and also for us 2channel/HT combo folks). He made these preamps tube rectified for optimum sweetness and employed a no negative feedback design - a philosophy well known for bringing optimum naturalness and bloom to the music, and in a modern product. Whether you do vinyl or digital, Mark hit these out of the park. Like having a suit tailor made.

You couldn't get products so custom made for anyone's use as Mark has done for us here. Trust me. I've tried. You can do it, but WOW, get yer wallets out. I put off my modern preamp purchase for the HT room, mostly because I thought it more of an immediate concern to get my vintage tubes and gears in line, and put the preamp purchase off (which I had almost mentally sold myself a Peach II) until 2009. Then this announcement comes. Geez, I sold enough people on them, and didn't get one myself - DOH!

You don't always realize what you have until you don't have it anymore. As anyone who's seen "The Bad News Bears" can attest, you know what can happen when we assume. That assumption has sure put a kink in my plans (and likely has a used Peach II on my list of things to obtain), but the bigger loss is what Mark has done for the forum in the bigger picture with the JM concept. This is one very big reason this is a very special place, and in the realm of our Klipsch audio needs, it's sorta like Alice's Restaurant - "You can get anything you want......"

.....except there's one less item on the menu. While I'm sure Mark will still be around chatting with us and otherwise chipping in, it is sad to see JM go.

But if Mark's happy, I'm happy too for him. Thanks for doing this for us, and enjoy life in what should be a more relaxed pace. And moreover, don't be a stranger 'round here - hope ya don't leave us anytime soon.....

AN

Audible Nectar, I have to agree with you once again. From the first moment JM was born and was revealed on this site, I knew immediately that this product was something special and very compatible for us Klipschheads. I too always thought I would own a BBX-cream sooner or later. I decided to go for a MX110 first, because it turned out that a MX110 was for sale in an American town I was going to visit anyway. I met Dwilawyer and Wardsweb, was treated to great music, bbq and felt very welcome. So I am still very happy with my MX110, but... now it seems the BB is out of production as well. So AN, let me shout along: DOH!

There's always hope though. These beauties were not designed to self destruct anytime soon.... [:)]