Whoa This Economy stinks

Macho Nacho

• 6 months later...

MANY are just not willing to work at all. The so called "poor" are not the same "poor" we were when we were younger. Subsidized housing, cars, food, utilities...PHONES, big screen tv, computers with internet. There are jobs to be had, but, generally they are physicaly demanding, lower in pay.I dug ditches for a plumbing firm for a year, until they liked how hard I worked and hired me on as a plumber. I knew they would do this eventually because I truly cared about my job and appreciated it. They had a very hard time finding anyone willing to do this type of work, and this was way back "in the day". . Well, it's worse now. Most look at this type of work as degrading and choose "tax-payer aid" instead. It used to be humbling to need help for a while....things have definitely changed. Sad.

Help is one thing, and my wife and I do help where we can, but the expectation and entitlement attitude side of this is way out of control. I do realize that not everyone is this way....but, it is trending that direction at a very quick pace. America is not changing for the better. ok..off my soap box.

Very good comment T2K

• 3 weeks later...

I dug ditches for a plumbing firm for a year, until they liked how hard I worked and hired me on as a plumber. I knew they would do this eventually because I truly cared about my job and appreciated it. They had a very hard time finding anyone willing to do this type of work, and this was way back "in the day".

That's nice that the people that liked you were in a position of authority to actually hire you, and that they eventually moved you out of that position.

Today however, "they" would have very likely noticed that you were exceptional at digging ditches regardless of your long-term personal goals, and simply kept you there until you got bitter about any lack of advancement.

That's nice that the people that liked you were in a position of authority to actually hire you, and that they eventually moved you out of that position.

Today however, "they" would have very likely noticed that you were exceptional at digging ditches regardless of your long-term personal goals, and simply kept you there until you got bitter about any lack of advancement.

And upon becoming bitter, you decide it's time to sign-up for SSDI and get on the dole. After all, if you can't be entitled to a promotion, you can sure be entitled to a check.

• Like 1

If things look bad now, just give the "Affordable" Health Care act enough time to get a foothold. I will be losing an extra 3600.00 of disposable income next year thanks to it. And that's money that probably would have been spent stimulating the economy. Now it just goes towards paying for something that I already had. And everyone at my wife's business who is NOT a manager can live on 29 hours a week starting Jan. 1. Thankfully she is a manager.

Good times........

Shakey

• Like 1