Whoa This Economy stinks

Macho Nacho

Got laid off from Applebees last night. Business has been real slow and some lady claimed I spit on her riblets. Its tough times here. Actually I hated the job, was living with a friend as Alamogordo was too far anyway, it was killing my Ford Fiesta. Times are tough. Anyone else loose their job?

Dude! I didn't spit on her riblets, heck they come prepackaged in a frozen container, we just add the predecribed seasoning and throw the on the grill like contraption, heck at home I usually eat TV dinners. There was just some grizzle there that had cooked to a whitesh boil, that and she is a complete @#$$%$!! Dude I really have never messed with peoples food, though I would recommend that you never send a meal back if the cost less than say $7.00 though. Some of the cooks still there are pretty mess up sometimes, but I tell you I gave that place the best 9 months of my life. I will miss the lead hostess for sure, she was smokin!!

Who is Larry Kudlow? Should I spit on his riblets?

Good one. [Y]

Still not as bad as the guy in Milwaukee that sprinkled his "pubes" all over a steak that got sent back to him. Needless to say, he got fired.

An ultimate supply-sider and cheerleader for some economic and foreign policies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kudlow:

"[Kudlow] is a conservative American supply-side economist, television personality, and newspaper columnist ... Kudlow opposes estate taxes, as well as taxes on dividends and capital gains. He also advocates that employees be compelled to make greater contributions to their pension and medical costs, suggesting that these expenses are an undue burden on corporations and defends high executive compensation as a manifestation of market forces and opposes most forms of government regulation. In general, he describes himself as a 'supply-side' economist, arguing that reducing taxes will increase governmental revenue through expansion of the overall economy.... On June 26, 2002, ... Kudlow called for the US to attack Iraq because "a lack of decisive follow-through in the global war on terrorism is the single biggest problem facing the stock market and the nation today."

He continues to be an influential voice -- he was included in George Will's lamb chop dinner a few evenings ago for Barack Obama to meet and talk with conservative media figures. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brad-listi/obamas-dinner-date-with-g_b_157739.html

I was recently laid off from my shipping manager's position over a week ago due to lack of business, but was fortunate enough to get my old job back as a "part time" silhouette artist at Disney World. I'm only getting 30 hours a week now, but before I lost my previous job, I was cut down to 20 hours and less a week. At least with my present employer (who's contracted by Disney to provide artists at the theme parks), I will eventually get full time status again when they start clearing out some deadbeat employees they've got!

This economy sucks...I even had to sell my RB-75s to help pay for property taxes that are due. I feel for all those who've lost their jobs this past year...

Just as a side note,the economy will recover,and then some years later it will suck again and then repeat all that,again.When a Nuke finally goes off in this country,then the economy will suck long and hard......

An ultimate supply-sider and cheerleader for some economic and foreign policies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kudlow:

"[Kudlow] is a conservative American supply-side economist, television personality, and newspaper columnist ... Kudlow opposes estate taxes, as well as taxes on dividends and capital gains. He also advocates that employees be compelled to make greater contributions to their pension and medical costs, suggesting that these expenses are an undue burden on corporations and defends high executive compensation as a manifestation of market forces and opposes most forms of government regulation. In general, he describes himself as a 'supply-side' economist, arguing that reducing taxes will increase governmental revenue through expansion of the overall economy.... On June 26, 2002, ... Kudlow called for the US to attack Iraq because "a lack of decisive follow-through in the global war on terrorism is the single biggest problem facing the stock market and the nation today."

He continues to be an influential voice -- he was included in George Will's lamb chop dinner a few evenings ago for Barack Obama to meet and talk with conservative media figures. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brad-listi/obamas-dinner-date-with-g_b_157739.html

Uhhuhmmmm.........

That is all a matter of opinion (except the dinner of course which he did indeed attend) (Huffington is another prime choice for riblet spit).

But of course I disagree with pretty much anything Kudlow says.

Uhhuhmmmm.........

That is all a matter of opinion (except the dinner of course which he did indeed attend) (Huffington is another prime choice for riblet spit).

But of course I disagree with pretty much anything Kudlow says.

I do, too, absolutely, but didn't state my own views because this is a non-political forum. Most of that stuff is proven non sense IMO. He's clearly an unreconstructed supply-sider.

Got laid off from Applebees last night. Business has been real slow and some lady claimed I spit on her riblets. Its tough times here. Actually I hated the job, was living with a friend as Alamogordo was too far anyway, it was killing my Ford Fiesta. Times are tough. Anyone else loose their job?

Sorry to hear you lost your job. My wife lost her part time job too. But we don't blame it on the economy - I reckon some employers just use the 'poor economy' as an excuse for bad management or an exuse to employ some new faces. Anyhow, the way we think, if you don't have some tough times you don't appreciate the good times when they come...

IMO, "jobs" are overrated and there's really no future in them. That era is coming to an end fast. If you find/discover/invent ways to be a unique individual contributor and independent soul, you will live much happier regardless of the money involved.

I agree and will add one thing. While many think self-employment is more risky, just the opposite is true. If you are self-employed and have 20 clients, when one fires/stops using you, your income does not go to $0.00. Self-employment allows much greater diversification. Unfortunately, it is work getting started. You really have to hustle for business. It doesn't just come to you because you have a great idea, you're smart, and you just bought a fax machine.