Juicy Music going out of business

Macallan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are refecting now, I think I remember seeing a signature line that listed Juicy Music Cherry amplifier(s) in you rig at one time Mark. What ever happened to it/those, or am I imagining things? This would have been a few years ago. Was that a prototype or a personal project or something? Just curious.

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this out -- very sorry to hear about JM Audio no longer in operation but congratulations on the retirements (although it sounded like running JM was intended to be a pseudo-retirement).

I won't repeat what others have mentioned, but I will say I have been very happy with the JM products I own. The Peach is great but the pCATs may be even better. I'm certainly one happy customer.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing Mark.

You guys are too kind --- thanks - I appreciate it. It was a LOT of fun over the past five years.Anyone remember THIS?

Boy it sure makes the Dynaco underneath look like Darth Vader...

BTW, the box is empty. It was a mock-up I made one afternoon when I first got the idea. There aren't many of the old guys left here anymore, but in general, everyone hated that look! "Looks like toy!" "Too colorful!" "Looks like Fisher-Price!" etc. So, I toned it way down for the final version.

You can definately count on this forum to not hold back on their opinions.

Yes, I haven't been around much lately. 2008 was a very busy year, probably the busiest of my life (out-of-state move, new job, new baby, grad school, still trying to find a house to buy here as even though it's a buyers' market, there is a lot more to buying a house now than there used to be). Believe it or not, I haven't listened to my pCATs, Peach, (or even the not-so-recently acquired Peach II) in over a year. They're still in boxes!

I know I still owe you a review on the pCATs. I still haven't had adequate time to give them their due but I'll get that done eventually. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it would help you anymore. I do know one thing -- they are great amps. How great they are is what I still need to find out. One thing I can say is that I did try them out on a very old pair of Thiel speakers I was trying to sell. The Thiels sounded good, but when I powered them with the pCATs, man they sounded fantastic. I started to think twice about selling. The guy interested in buying them never showed up but I do know he would have bought them if he heard them driven by those pCATs.

The PCATS are wonderful amps. A couple of years ago we had a gathering to compare a variety of amps. Let's just say that of the 7 people that were there that day, 4 that I know of now own PCATS.

I own or have owned probably more JCM products than anyone. PCATS, Original Peach ( I believe I owned the second one made), blueberry xtreme, and a Merlin. All have exceeded my significant expectations.

Magificant equipment all.

Josh

You guys are too kind --- thanks - I appreciate it. It was a LOT of fun over the past five years.Anyone remember THIS?

Boy it sure makes the Dynaco underneath look like Darth Vader...

BTW, the box is empty. It was a mock-up I made one afternoon when I first got the idea. There aren't many of the old guys left here anymore, but in general, everyone hated that look! "Looks like toy!" "Too colorful!" "Looks like Fisher-Price!" etc. So, I toned it way down for the final version.

That was one quiet preamp (on the inside).

• 2 months later...

Wow... just now seeing this thread. I have been tied up with work for the past 6 - 8 months and have had very little time for the Forum, or for listening to music when I'm home on weekends. As saddened as I am for seeing JMA going out of business, I couldn't be happier for Mark with his retirement.

Mark, thanks for all the help you have given me over the last 8 years on this Forum, and thank you for the wonderful BBX I use today! I hope you stick around and say hi once in a while.

Mike

Thanks for the great grear Mark. I'm still every bit in love with my Blueberry as the first day I recieved it. You made great a great SQ Preamps with the Blueberry, and I know a couple of guys with the Peach that are equally as please as me with your gear.

Your a good man, and I appreciate all the help you've offered me. Take care and enjoy your retirement bud.

Kind Regards, and your friend from the Right,

Gilbert

I just got my new Blueberry Xtreme II from Mark the other day and am using it with a Mitsubishi SS amp until I pick up my VRD ST45 from Craig this weekend at AKFest, but all I can say is WOW! I never thought my Khorns could sound this good. I've been using a Stingray for the past year and I thought that was about as good as it would get, but I was wrong. Thank you Mark for making such a perfect product!

Thanks for the great grear Mark. I'm still every bit in love with my Blueberry as the first day I recieved it. You made great a great SQ Preamps with the Blueberry, and I know a couple of guys with the Peach that are equally as please as me with your gear.

Your a good man, and I appreciate all the help you've offered me. Take care and enjoy your retirement bud.

Gilbert

Thank you amigo. I am lucky to have had a little business where I met so many interesting and friendly people - such as you. I AM enjoying it, well, almost. One or two more upgrades to finish and that's it. Thanks again Gilbert.

Your Comrade from the Left,

Mark

Thank you EV guy! So nice to hear you're digging the BBX!

LMAO

Is that left of Murmansk or Leningrad?

Gilbert

Thank you amigo. I am lucky to have had a little business where I met so many interesting and friendly people - such as you. I AM enjoying it, well, almost. One or two more upgrades to finish and that's it. Thanks again Gilbert.

Mark

LMAO

Is that left of Murmansk or Leningrad?

Gilbert

Mark

Very funny.