Obama's Secret Record Collection

iwillwalk

• Moderators

It'd be nice to kick back in the Rose Garden with a few Kennedy-era Cubanos and some of Carter's LPs and rock out with some MCM's!

Thats kind of what I was thinking, although another setup on the roof for when Willie Nelson wants to visit, also we would take out the bowling area and add a bar with a few shiny polls for when Bill Clinton wants to pass buy, ( I just used Bill as an excuse). [<:o)]

I would be impeached quickly, it would set a record ! [:D]

Something tells me there's plenty of shiny poles left over from the Clinton years.... though W was more like look Laura, a shiny fireman's pole.... think we could get them to open up the ceiling again, wheeeee - no need to replace the bowling alley - besides, just add better lighting and replace the automatic pin setters with live pin setters.... or maybe ole Bill already did

The presidency, once you get over all the people wanting to shoot you and the like, does have some cool perks.

And I always did like Jimmy Carter has a person.... seems he's the one you'd most likely want as a neighbor and would trust with your children.

Maybe MC1 can apply for official White House sound dude? Don't have such a position, it's the White House after all. All sound reproduction apparatti should be engineered and MADE IN THE USA and what best fits that bill better than Klipsch.... that said, maybe there are a few pairs of Klipschorns tucked into corner here and there since the Kennedy era or before?

so... let's start with LBJ - don't really remember much, but I'd want to go to his Texas pit barbecue dinners

Tricky Dick - kind of a shifty acting guy but I've read he was wickedly funny (probably would've loved it here)

Gerald Ford - golfing buddy - someone other than me would be the comic relief for a change

Jimmy Carter - apparently surprisingly diverse musical taste and I'd trust him with my daughters

George H W Bush - can't remember - Barbara was like the first Grandmother and we were all having so much fun poking fun at Dan Quayle - bet he's happy never to have gone quail hunting with Dick Cheney

Bill Clinton - He'd be fun to hang out with and hitting the clubs I suppose - and just what was he doing in the Oval Office? Working would be on our dime... upstairs or wherever none of my business but in our office.... and I most definitely wouldn't trust him with my daughters

W - every vote can count - doesn't hurt if you're brother's a governor in a key state - 4 words: Al and Tipper Gore - even if ya can't stand W, would Al, I Invented The Internet, Gore have been better? And I think we're a little full of ourselves to think we can cause cataclysmic global warming.... tried our dandest to kill Lake Erie and maybe thought we had - last I heard it was recovering quite nicely, thank you

Barrack Hussein Obama - Hard to forget the middle name - Stated out life in Hawaii, ended up in Illinois. And to believe the grocery store checkout rags, Oprah's got the hots for Barrack - MICHELLE TO OPRAH! BACK OFF! HE'S MINE! And women accuse men of treating women like a piece of meat.....

just my $0.002 (why no cents key on a standard keyboard?) the comments of this post are purely the well, pretty much random thoughts of the auther and are not even worth the cost of the paper they're written on, but there is no paper? and intended soley for the amusement and do not necessarily reflect the views of anyone, real or imaginary, or even the alleged author for that matter and are not meant to be any kind of political statement or commentary and assumes no responsibility for the actions or responses that may follow

Let's see what I can remember

It'd be nice to kick back in the Rose Garden with a few Kennedy-era Cubanos and some of Carter's LPs and rock out with some MCM's!

Yes it would. Maybe have him stop by with a few of his current favorites.

Who'd have known. Jimmy is a good man ... maybe never even became a politician ... I remember when he was on the Tonight show with Carson or some other talk show and he was talking about when he was running for guvnor or Georgia, he campaigned in a county that had actually passed or law or had a law that Bubba couldn't vote more than 3 years after his death and just couldn't fathom why there was a need for such a law.....

I'd like to nominate CP1 for Chief White House Sound Dude. It's the White House. They've got multiple chefs, this, that, and the other thing so why not get the sound up to the best Made In The USA sound available?

so... let's start with LBJ - The "great society". Where did that go?

Tricky Dick - (Richard Nixon) - way over-zealous. But truly loved this country.

Gerald Ford - cleaned up as much as possible after Woodward & Bernstein.

Jimmy Carter - might still be a good peanut farmer. A true leftie.

George
H W Bush - done in by Perot.

Bill
Clinton - puts the country on cruise control. Party time !!!

W
- country slams into a mountain. The left and the left-press hate him from day one, and continue to drive a wedge in further between left and right. Barney Frank and Dodd give away the store and Wall street takes the blame.

Barack
Hussein Obama - redistributing the wealth on a grand scale. It's been tried elsewhere with little success.

Sarah Palin - Finally !!! Back to basics - common sense and hard work.

It's all in good fun. Ha ha ha. Smiley face with wink goes here.

When Barack Obama moved into the White
House on January 20th, he gained access to five chefs, a private
bowling alley — and a killer collection of classic LPs.
Stored in the basement of the executive mansion is the official
White House Record Library: several hundred LPs that include
landmark albums in rock (Led Zeppelin IV, the Rolling
Stones' Let It Bleed), punk (the Ramones' Rocket to
Russia
, the Sex Pistols' Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's
the Sex Pistols
), cult classics (Captain Beefheart's Trout
Mask Replica
, the Flying Burrito Brothers' The Gilded
Palace of Sin
) and disco. Not to mention records by Santana,
Neil Young, Talking Heads, Isaac Hayes, Elton John, the Cars... etc., etc.

Wait... Isn't this "super cool collection of records" really from George Bush on back? He inherited this collection, Obama had nothing to do with what was there...

CAN WE STOP IDOLIZING HIM TRYING TO MAKE HIM LOOK COOL? Wow, I really hate to get political here, but geeze....

I wonder if we could see what each president ADDED or liked during his term. Not a made up press story trying to make someone "seem cool." YAWN

So why is it called Obama's Secret Record Collection?

Shouldn't it be the Secret Presidential Record Collection?

It doesn't really belong to any president but to the office of the president for use by the current president whoever that may be. At least that's my understanding. Sounds like potentially a nice perk of office especially if there is a killer system or several killer systems in the Whitehouse.

Maybe Klipsch should offer to rebuild the current Whte House Theater Room. Even if there's no real publicity it should get some. Klipsch speakers made in the USA and get USA made electronics manufacturers to provide the electronics and video. I'm sure it's pretty good, maybe even killer, but Klipsch could make it better yet.