YOUR Ultimate Led Zeppelin LP

rplace

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm gonna get killed for this.......AND just to be sure I've spent the last few hours listening to zep.......

I have multiples(different printings) of most LP's /CD's / even cassettes and I loved them back in the day........but almost all of their recordings sound like crappola to me, I love the songs, but they just aren't recorded well! I can't enjoy listening to them anymore........I compare to bands of the same era (floyd, stones, yes, rush, Clapton, CSNY......) that are all recorded well and Just makes me want to chuck the Led out.......

**** My opinion only***** If anybody knows of any LP's that are recorded well I'll give them a spin

uh, fb- dude, it's about the music, the soul, the sheer power.

It was just different recording technology and different hands at the controls. I think the remasters are wonderful and show the band in all their glory. Don't know if you can get them on vinyl or not.

Don't dismiss an entire great band just because they aren't as glossy sounding as some.

uh, fb- dude, it's about the music, the soul, the sheer power.

It was just different recording technology and different hands at the controls. I think the remasters are wonderful and show the band in all their glory. Don't know if you can get them on vinyl or not. 

Don't dismiss an entire great band just because they aren't as glossy sounding as some.

I was going to add.....I really want to kick myself for selling/trading all my Cornwalls to GLA51(3 pairs now) and my simple Mcintosh 2505.......that set-up really added a certain something to those albums and made them quite enjoyable.........much, much more so than my secondary Sansui/heresy system.....

Guess I'll have to get the remasters on CD and try them out

Dude yourself........you know that I know it's about the music!!!! Just frustrates me is all...

Fenderbender,

I have just about all the Classic Records 200g reissue LPs. They sound great and I am pretty picky. Most are out of print in the last year or so but still available. Do yourself a favor and pick some up. Houses of the Holy, III and Presence sound the best IIRC. But they all sound very very good.

CP1 I applaud your new found viggor in this thread. I was worried you might be sick or something with that first post. I thought about limiting by time....but too much work and I knew a lot would just offer up only a few favorites and not really go with 8. HEY no bounus tracks on an LP[;)]

It was hard for me to get it down to 8. First cut was 15 or so, eventually got to 11 but getting from 11 to 8 was no easy task.

As for SWTH, I groan everyime it comes up...but by the time it is rocking along I am singing, playing air guitar/drums and tapping my toes.

Before I headed out the door for work this morning I spun up Rain Song and Over the Hills...nice way to start the day!

I still have not opened up my LP version of Mother Ship has anybody else here given that a try? Wondering how it stacks up against the Classic Records 200g discs.

Fender - What Rich said. I have a few of the Classic reissues too and man o man you should hear I, Presence and HOTH! Great recordings. The others, although only mediocre to decent still blow away the crappy originals. The MFSL version of II is great also. I always thought the original of I was excellent which is why I never bothered to replace it.

I had it bad back in the day. I have three copies of all Zep LP's through HOTH.....most worn down to nothing but grit...

I know few (ok, none) of us can press an LP, but go ahead and burn a CD of your selected tracks and see how it flows. Tougher than you think to make a nice running order out of misc tunes, innit?

My 97 LB Black Labradoodle, Ralph, likes LZ a lot, His fav is Four Sticks. He comes running around the music room when "Four Sticks" is playing. And he likes to chew the 10-12' Viburnum stems in the back yard at the base, bites them off, and parades around. He loves chewing sticks. He also likes Disney type tunes. Go Figure.