Prayers for Dale please

colterphoto1

We had a great time on Friday, he wants a bunch of cans of tennis balls so he can sign them. He and his son are big tennis fans so he thought that would be a cool thing. Every day is a party now, we bring him cheeseburgers from Steak and Shake cause the food sucks so bad. It's kinda funny to watch this ex-jock stuffing his mouth with french fries and laughing about it.

Word is that his remaining kidney is slowly failing and we truly have about a week to enjoy this great guy. It's been a beautiful experience sharing this time with he and his family and our huge circle of friends. It's indeed an honor to visit and spend time with him every couple of days. The kids are spending quality time with Dad and having sleep overs and adjusting very quickly to what's about to happen.

If you have kids, give them a good snuggle tonight, mmmk?

M

My best friend Gary passed in the same manner back in 1996. We talked on the phone several times each day spent about every other weekend together with 2 other friends for the better part of 7 years. We hunted and fished together all over the United States. He feared nothing and would not think twice about floating down an icy river in Jan in search of wood ducks or taking a 24 foot grady white out into 6 foot seas in search of Tuna. He never acepted the fact that he was going to die. He fought the cancer with everything he could find including bee polen and shark cartlidge and other alternative treatments. We cut trees in his yard 2 weeks before he passed. two days before he passed even though he could barely walk. The day before he died he was supposed to go back for more tests. Instead we had hooked up his boat the night before to drive to the coast to go offshore for dolphin at his request.We got up the next morning and Gary immeidately drove himself to the hospital. I never saw or spoke to him again. Nobody was able to say goodbye. We all were expecting some last minute miracle to save him.A year later another best friend- the guy who got me to buy my first klipsch stuff put a gun to his head during a nasty divorce.We were supposed to go out of town the next day.I spoke to him that morning and had no idea that anything was wrong..Losing a close friend is a rough deal under anycircumstances. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of them .

In one respect you and his family are fortunate. Everybody seems to have come to terms with the situation for a peaceful ending. This is never easy but at least you and the family have been blessed with farwell parties and having a few light moments in view of the circumstances. These moments will be of great comfort after Dale is gone. Hang in there buddy. We are all praying for all of you.

In one respect you and his family are fortunate. Everybody seems to have come to terms with the situation for a peaceful ending. This is never easy but at least you and the family have been blessed with farwell parties and having a few light moments in view of the circumstances. These moments will be of great comfort after Dale is gone. Hang in there buddy. We are all praying for all of you.

Very true. Been through this a couple of times.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your prayers and positive vibes over the past weeks.

Dale finally lost his battle with cancer around 4:00 this afternoon. He'd been in hospice care for 3 1/2 weeks. He bypassed every time frame the doctors gave him. We all had plenty of time to say thanks and good bye and being part of this process with a close friend was a blessing in every way.

Dale is at peace now.

Michael

This is one of those times when life is just not fair. I know exactly what you are going through becuase I have been there more than once. Try to make a mental scrapbook of the best times you had together and think of those when it starts to hurt.

Sorry Man