What is everybody drinking tonite?????????

winchester21

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Springs, AR natural spring water chilled. It is great.

I bet it is! Big Smile

I had a cup of coffee at a band practice around 10 pm, then didn't sleep so good.....Sad

Yeah coffee after 9pm and I'm up till 3am.

A friend of mine is in the bottled water business and goes to water competitions and tastings. Big money in water nowadays. lol.

Did not like the Gurkha- something is missing- No Scotch collection is complete without at least one variety of Glenlivet- Might I suggest the following- 10 year old Springbank-(value)Balvinee Doublewood-(value)16 year Lagavulin-the gold stand of scotch under 100.00- 10 yr Laphroaig for something different- also any of the Coaila.

+1 on the newcastle brown ale- possibly the best beer on the planet- always some in my fridge

Today- an ice cold Ichiban beer with some killer sashimi- it was great.

Tonite- maybe some knob Creek and coke- sorry about that to all the burbon purists.Definitely brown liquior weather- ice-sleet- and snow predicted and that sucks.

Did not like the Gurkha- something is missing- No Scotch collection is complete without at least one variety of Glenlivet- Might I suggest the following- 10 year old Springbank-(value)Balvinee Doublewood-(value)16 year Lagavulin-the gold stand of scotch under 100.00- 10 yr Laphroaig for something different- also  any of the Coaila.

+1 on the newcastle brown ale- possibly the best beer on the planet- always some in my fridge

Today- an ice cold Ichiban beer with some killer sashimi- it was great.

Tonite- maybe some knob Creek and coke- sorry about that to all the burbon purists.Definitely brown liquior weather- ice-sleet- and snow predicted and that sucks.

I'll roger up for the Balvinee, trying to find a bottle of Portwood my usual places are all out[:@]. My 12 Y/O Glenlivit to me is a very good pedestrian scotch never disappoints me. The Gurka just left me, flat the flavor was off. It was just that cigar and it is not my humidor everything else in it is good.

+1 on the portwood--- 21 year old I believe-- I think the stuff is near or north of a c note franklin in these parts. it is wonderful stuff with a nice slow burning Cohiba robusto(cuban). I can get it but it is a drive to another state- SC. As a sub the 15 year old- "The "Balvinnie" aint half bad. the whole product lin is rock star s--- for the money- in my book.The next time you have time to beat around on the net check out "the whiskey exchange" in London. A candy store of rare scotch. they used to ship to the states- they may still do so.

If you ever see this one grab it- it is a bit on the light side-which I normally dont like but this scotch is unreal- it comes off as light but the long finish and delayed heat is unbelievable. In spite of the light character I give this one a solid 9.8. One of the top 3 ever. nectar of the gods.

The un-chillfiltered collection- CAOL ILA dist. 1990 -numbered casks and bottles. aged 12 years- Unreal- rare but not exensive- considering- about 90.00 the last time I found it.The stuff is so good that you can serve it to a room full of people and everybody will drink it- efven the women and non- scotch drinkers- not that you would want to waste it.

i get a kick out of "paring" scotch with cigars. For example I will pair a full house smoke like a Cohiba maduro dark wrapper(which is not really a maduro- only a very dark wrapper) with a 16 year old Lagavulin or a Laphroaig. On the other hand I will pair a Bolivar Gold medal with the caol ila.- lots of smoking -drinking pleasure

If you are dinking the Portwood- you obviously know your stuff- cheers my friend!!

DId not know that GM made a portwood . has to be good with that label. looking for a new scotch to try. I try to keep an assortment of different tastes- peat- port -caramel. I tried some Compass box- the peat monster??? my palate was shot to hell form smoking a Partagas lustitania so i really did not get a good read on it. Everybody else liked it.