What is everybody drinking tonite?????????

winchester21

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diet Mountain Juice! [;)]

at least that's what my little nephew used to call it- didn't understand 'dew' so he called it Mountain Juice as in:

[way excitedly] Uncle Mike, Uncle Mike, can I have some more mountain juice? [:D]

[semi scolding] No Eric, you've had quite enough mountain juice. [*-)]

It was a boozy 3 day weekend for me. 2006 Sonoma Cutrer Sonoma Coast Chardonnay with a roast chicken on Friday.

On Saturday I made Osso Buco for the wife for Valentine's day, paired it with a 2004 Antinori Pian Delle Vigne Brunello Di Montelcino, a bottle we had received as a gift, a very tasty gift I might add.

Sunday with grilled salmon, 2006 Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay

Last night with some take out Italian food, Falesco Vitiano, a red blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Sangiovese and one of the great bargains in the wine world. $8 a bottle and it usually gets good reviews from Robert Parker. The perfect pizza wine.

There were some assorted sundries in there as well, some Spaten, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and a few Manhattans to stave off the wintery chill. [:D]

It was a boozy 3 day weekend for me. 2006 Sonoma Cutrer Sonoma Coast Chardonnay with a roast chicken on Friday.

On Saturday I made Osso Buco for the wife for Valentine's day, paired it with a 2004 Antinori Pian Delle Vigne Brunello Di Montelcino, a bottle we had received as a gift, a very tasty gift I might add.

Sunday with grilled salmon, 2006 Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay

Last night with some take out Italian food, Falesco Vitiano, a red blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Sangiovese and one of the great bargains in the wine world. $8 a bottle and it usually gets good reviews from Robert Parker. The perfect pizza wine.

There were some assorted sundries in there as well, some Spaten, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and a few Manhattans to stave off the wintery chill. Big Smile

Stephen, I've got to keep an eye out for that Falesco Vitiano! Where do you buy it?

As a little plug, one of my best friends (and my wife's cousin) sells wine online at Lombardiwine.com. Good prices on mostly California (mostly Sonoma) wines, and free shipping with 6+ bottles. His advice is excellent, too. He really tries hard to find something you like.

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy ran out of room and gave me 3 cases of wine last night.

A mixture of grenache- bordeaux-cote d rhone and some other goodies

He has better dtuff to drink-one of the perks of working for a wine shop

Opening up a nice Spanish 2001 Las Gravas tonite with baby back ribs- can't wait

FINI: Here is Parker's review of the current release of the Falesco Vitiano, 89 points for $8 a bottle is tough to beat. It is widely available here in NYC, I picked up my last case at my local Costco.

2006 Falesco Italian Other, Vitiano Rosso/ Lazio $7.99
"A terrific bargain ..., it exhibits a deep ruby/purple color, a rich bouquet of black cherry jam, licorice, tobacco leaf, and spice box, surprising density, and medium body. As I have written before, it's almost too good to believe at this price." WA89

Thumbs up on the Falesco!!!!!!!!!!! This has one of my go to secrets since 2001 when I discovered it.

BARGAIN ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEARY RANCH GROWERS RESERVE SHIZZZZAM 2004

Label is stupid--- name is just plain dumb

At 38 bucks fromt line it crashed and burned

At 18.00 in the bargain bin you are partying like a Kennedy

The stuff is delicious- dark jammy Sonoma fruit- very well made.

Dont miss this one-- worth looking for and asking about.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah- I forgot to share this one-bought this one to get out of deep $hit with wifey after I bought the k horns and lascallas on the same day

champagne Burt philipponnat - royal reserve- must be NV because i cant find a year on the bottle. very rich buttery and fruity- not a lot of chalk

50 bucks a pop. a solid 9.5. Dean & Delucia sold out in this crummy economy if that tells you anything.

Home run

FINI: Here is Parker's review of the current release of the Falesco Vitiano, 89 points for $8 a bottle is tough to beat. It is widely available here in NYC, I picked up my last case at my local Costco.

2006 Falesco Italian Other, Vitiano Rosso/ Lazio $7.99
"A terrific bargain ..., it exhibits a deep ruby/purple color, a rich bouquet of black cherry jam, licorice, tobacco leaf, and spice box, surprising density, and medium body. As I have written before, it's almost too good to believe at this price." WA89

I saw it today at the local grocery for $14![8o|]

I feel about as left out on this thread as the 'what are you listening to RIGHT NOW' thread.

I'm usually not listening to anything and not drinking anything.

Oh well....

Not drinking is perfectly acceptable but for god sake man play some tunes. We always have tunes running in the house especially on the weekends. If I'm not sitting and listening I just stream from the laptop while working. Right now we are listening to Laurel Aitken.

Hey man is that freedom rock well turn it up!