Label says Cornwall II - Date code says 1967 !

HudsonValleyNoah

You can read here: http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/reviews-press/archived/details/klipsch-model-cornwall-ii-speaker-system.aspx

My guess is that the first CW had the vertical slit port in the rear. Then came this CWII with vertical horns.

The back to CW when the mid was moved horizontal. Then to CW II with plastic horns, and now CW III which has a Heresy midrange.

But the above is just my guess.

Wm McD

On the label, it's as Audible Nectar said. Used for verticals until about 1970 or so, then the labels said Cornwall. I believe the last year for the clear plastic pies was 1970. Then they used the copper ones, but in 75-76 also used bronze with the faint black bars with name, but no logo. The "15" IIR was the grill cloth, but they stopped in the late 60's putting that after the model number on Cornwalls and Heresys.

Actually, my 1980 Cornwalls came with paperwork claiming they were Cornwall IIs. I think they used whatever labels and/or brochures were available at the time and didn't worry much about a bunch of Klipsch speaker fanatics questioning their methodologies 30 or 40 years in the future.

Just a guess :)

But one side was very abused. How can you repair missing Veneer like this?

my guess is that they were laid on their side for a while in their lives. My 63's have one torn up side like that, they are verticals also. There was a elongated base available for a while for this purpose but I've never seen it in use.

I think it would be cool as heck to make my 63's as horizontal cabinets, with properly aligned grille material and logo and a long horizontal base. That would be uber cool in my 50's home!

DIG that grille fabric and clear pie slice. Can the grille fabric be salvaged by cleaning? Is the grille board not removeable? My 63's are cane and it's wrapped around the motor board so not removeable.

Looks like two tags on the back of that one (note the groovy brown back panel paint). Does one label give the horn orientation arrows? My 63's have orange painted arrows to indicate which side goes up!

BTW Michael, even if the cloth is wrapped around the motorboard it still removeable. Take the back off, you'll see the screws holding the motorboards in from the back. No big deal-- on the early stuff anyway.

Yes, understood, there are screws through the cleats. Had to be a bear to build and don't want to take it apart until ready to do the whole thing. I'm thinking fresh real cane and teak veneer for the 63's!