Ms. Rose is back!

picky

Mom (Rose) gave us all a scare last Tuesday (St. Patrick's Day) when she woke up short-of-breath. She had no other symptoms at the time, so at first we thought she was just stressing over the fact that her brother in-law had died the preceding Saturday on his 92nd birthday and she said she woke up fretting about us all attending his funeral on the next day (Wednesday). We were wrong in our initial assumptions because, as the day wore-on, she was not improving. We took her to the doctor midday instead of emergency because there still were no other symptoms. Rose is nearly 90 and has a history of panic attacks sometimes. While she was at the doctor she said she was begining to feel some heaviness in her chest. He did the proper tests and determined that she was borderline to take to the hospital so he asked her what she thought. She decided to stick it out at home. I went back to the office because I knew I'd be home in a couple of hours and she would not be alone as Verna was home, too. When I got home, I asked her how she was doing and she said about the same; except I then noticed her hands and lips were starting to turn bluish. I called the doctor and told him we were on our way to the hospital. He agreed.

Remember, I said it was St. Patrick's Day? The ER was full! And to our surprise and to the surpise of the staff; there were no drunks! The triage staff got mom in for an EKG fairly quickly and determined she was not in emminent danger. They placed her on an oxygen tank and moved us back to the waiting room. 5-1/2 hours and two oxygen tanks later, we finally got her back to an exam room to see an ER doctor. They ran tests and there had not been any heart attack. She was having some arrythmia problems (atrial) and decided to admit her to the hospital, which was also full. Verna and I got home and hit our pillows at 1 am. Mom was moved to a room at 3 am.

I called the nursing station Wednesday morning to get the details of mom's condition. She was responding to treatment. I spoke with her and she sounded comfortable. Verna and I decided to go to my Uncle's funeral which was clear across town. It took all day with the memorial, procession, grave-side ceremony and luncheon (we had not eaten in 24-hours) I called mom when we got home and she was still doing well. We needed to catch a few Z's as it was nearly 5 pm by the time we got home. We threw down some food and spent the evening with her. She was scheduled for tests on Thursday and Friday morning. The tests were all good and they released her to us Saturday evening. We are so relieved to have mom back at home with us! I thought those of you who know Ms. Rose would want to know she is doing well. I guess she simply needed a "tune-up" on all of her medications. Thank goodness that's all is seems to have been. -Glenn

Ms. Rose (mom) had her follow-up visit at the doctor's yesterday and he was very pleased with her progress. Her numbers are all good now and he said she looks great. She's had a few vision issues ut he saaid her system is just getting used to her new meds and the syptoms should pass quickly. She can start driving again after the vision problems clear up.

Ms. Rose and the rest of us wish to thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and well wishes. The Klipsch community is such an important part of our lives and it has practically become an extension of our family. Thank you all for your continued kindness. You have all become such good friends. Thanks! -Ms. Rose, Glenn & Verna

PS: Ms. Rose was VERY upset that the TV in her hospital room last week did not get the Wings games! She said if she knew that, she "would not have even activated the dammed thing!" -Those were her exact words! LOL We are so lucky to have her with us! She's looking forward to tonight's Wings/Islanders game at home in the theater.