Grasshopper gains a notch

colterphoto1

Hi gang! I just noticed that my good buddy (sound like Skipper and Gilligan, don't it?) Mike B. aka Dr. Who aka Grasshopper aka Doc, has surpassed the 14k barrier and is now sitting in the number 4 slot of all time Klipsch Forum posters. Doc's been a big help to a lot of folks around here with his technical know how and knob-twiddling ways. I know he's tested a lot of speakers and systems for Forum members with his purty little red suitcase and he's always in the thick of things at a Pilgrimage or informal midwest Klipsch get-together. We've watched him grow from a geeky little shy college freshman into a geeky young man with a secure job in the sound industry.

Doc and I go way back, one of my first Klipsch adventures was to Miami to pick up the 1963 Cornwalls and while down there I snagged this pair of Chorus II's in Orlando that Doc's uncle was storing for him. He stopped by later that month to pick them up, a one hour visit turned into the first House of Klipsch listening extravaganza lasting five hours before he hit the road back to Aurora IL. It's been a great friendship. I just got back from LarryC's symphonic weekend via Chicago where Doc was kind enough to put me up (put up with me), and returned the favor of many pizzas with some of Chicago's finest. He drove me to the Amtrak terminal on Thursday and we took in a couple of Chicago sights including the Karsh exhibit at the Art Insititute and got a view of the skyline from the Sears Tower.

So hat's off to Doc!

yer buddy,

Michael

I always preferred the Grasshopper to the Bull Dog and highly recommend Picasso's when I had the pleasure...[;)]

Insofar as what this has to do with Doc, I hope all is well with him and when I start playing around with REW he will be there to help. Congratulations on the rise in post count. :-)

He drove me to the Amtrak terminal on Thursday and we took in a couple of Chicago sights including the Karsh exhibit at the Art Insititute

Karsh was a phenomenal portrait photographer! His best-known pic is the "bulldog" photo of Churchill. It was taken in the Canadian Parliament building, and he got Winnie's defiant growly look by snatching his cigar out of his hand and taking the pic while WSC was still PO'd.

http://www.churchillbooks.com/detail.cfm?title=KARSH_Bulldog_PORTRAIT_PHOTOGRAPH_of_Winston_Churchill&itemNumber=13036

Doc, I very much appreciate your helping MC to get here and back!

• Moderators

Well Congratulations Dochopper, from Michaels title I thought you got yourself a new girlfriend or something, but it's only about post count ! [;)] A new girlfriend or two would be much more fun than another post ! [:D]

He drove me to the Amtrak terminal on Thursday and we took in a couple of Chicago sights including the Karsh exhibit at the Art Insititute

Karsh was a phenomenal portrait photographer! His best-known pic is the "bulldog" photo of Churchill. It was taken in the Canadian Parliament building, and he got Winnie's defiant growly look by snatching his cigar out of his hand and taking the pic while WSC was still PO'd.

http://www.churchillbooks.com/detail.cfm?title=KARSH_Bulldog_PORTRAIT_PHOTOGRAPH_of_Winston_Churchill&itemNumber=13036

Doc, I very much appreciate your helping MC to get here and back!

I hope I didn't bore Mike to death with my analyzing of the photo exhibit. Everything from the framing to the positioning and lighting of the exhibit, to Karsh's use of subject-friendly props and extreme lighting were topics of discussion that day. He actually kinda talked me into going. We stood in front of the Art Institute at about 1:30, knowing that I had to be at the train station later that afternoon around 4:00. Seeing the sign for the Karsh exhibit and that it ended in two days meant that there would be exhibit when I returned from Maryland, so we went in. We had time enough to visit the Karsh gallery but most of the rest of the museum. It was a great stop and I was glad to have someone with me who enjoyed it as much as I did.

Yikes, how did I get so many posts?

It was a blast having you over Mr. Colter dude and thanks for picking up those Chorus II's [:)] Come back anytime.

I enjoyed your commentary on the Karsh exhibit....I don't think I would have appreciated it as much. Thems was some stunning photographs...almost on par with some of the stuff I've seen in your gallery [;)]

Two hale fellows well-met, in the most positive sense! Sounds like you had a pleasant time. This forum brings a lot of people together and starts friendships that would not have happened otherwise. I'm glad to be here.

Well Congratulations Dochopper, from Michaels title I thought you got yourself a new girlfriend or something, but it's only about post count ! Wink A new girlfriend or two would be much more fun than another post ! Big Smile

Nope, no GF (yet) [;)] It's the next item to be crossed off my list though...