Farrah's Story

Coytee

Heard about it the other day, recorded it and watched it today after work.

A very poignant story.

I feel for her & her family as well as anyone else who is afflicted with cancer (lost 2 of my grandparents to cancer [N] , mother in law [N] and had some basil cell myself [N])

• Moderators

I can't even thing about watching it, as my dad is (will be) going through something similar, unfortunately in the all-to-near future (pending miracles). It's just all too real. I'm still not sure how I feel about it being on tv.

Well it seems we've all been touched by cancer. My mom has been battling Lymphoma with chemo for the last 2yrs. Fortunately it's a slow growing cancer the chemo seems to be working.

Farrah's case is a tough one. How heart wrenching to reach the point where you realize the end is near. At least she has a great ally in Ryan O'Neal.

i saw quite a bit of it--very sad indeed. to see the hope, then the disappointment was very hard to watch. i feel very sorry for her dad--he's already lost one daughter to cancer. Ryan O'Neal has cancer himself--he seems like a pretty standup guy though.

I have witnessed the deaths of many people from many things. My wife is a Hospice RN Case Manager. Western culture shelters itself from death and elder care so when faced with its reality the uninitiated find it pretty shocking. Generally we would benefit from a better understanding and greater familiarity with the process of dying. I think people would take better care of themselves if they were more keenly aware of their mortality. There is a large contingent of people willing to forgo vaccinating their children on the false assumption that the vaccines cause autism. If they knew more about the diseases they toy with they would gleefully line their children up for these shots. The recent flu scare may have turned out to be a false alarm which has fostered many critics. Had it been the real deal and these actions not taken many of those critics would be dead. Farrah will come to her demise like we all eventually will. Enjoy life, take care of your health and be prudent educators for others. This is part of what our lifetimes contribute to those who will follow us.

That was tough to watch but we watched most of it. You've got to admire her courage and strength and her ability to remain so positive through much of this ordeal. Hopefully airing this will help in getting more research dollars. I lost an uncle and aunt (his wife) and also my mother to colon cancer.

I'm still awed by the strength and courage Mom displayed in her battle though of course it was terribly gut wrenching and an experience I'd not wish on anyone.

I had an uncle and aunt both die from lung cancer. My uncle smoked Camel filterless cigarettes for most of his life and my aunt never smoked a day in her life. Not blood kin to each other but how ironic this disease picks an chooses it's victims. My sister has battled twice and won, only by the grace of God. The Farrah story hits home. She and Ryan seem to have a love for each other that many couples should envy. Not trying to turn this into a moral issue but the best gift Ryan could give her is to marry her before this disease takes her.

Bill

My wife died from melanoma. Hardly ever in the sun, but had a serious sunburn in highschool. She is sure that that was what came back to haunt her.

It's tough, very tough.

Bruce

• Moderators

My wife died from melanoma. Hardly ever in the sun, but had a serious sunburn in highschool. She is sure that that was what came back to haunt her.

It's tough, very tough.

Bruce

I remember that, Bruce. Your wife seemed like an exceptional person.

That is what my dad has, too (stage 4). It is a difficult time, and I can relate a bit to what you must have gone through.