OT , your late night dinner or snack concoction

sunburnwilly

Best bachelor midnight meal ever created:

1 can Hypower Hot Tamale's

1 can Armor star chili w/beans

(snip)

spread cheese over concoction, lid and wait for cheese to melt. Better grab a plate now, won't take long (only because the dam.n pan is too hot to set on your lap while you watch old UFC videos.

once cheese is melted, dump pan onto plate, add taco sauce to taste, and enjoy......

P.S. make sure you blow the first few bites to avoid blisters on your tongue.......

Tomorrow morning, make sure the bathroom is availableEmbarrassed

That sounds kinda close to another quickie dish I make.

- Heat up one can of Chili with beans

- On a plate, place a handful or so of Fritos original corn chips (amount is up to you)

- Pour heated up chili on top of Fritos

- On top of chili put shredded cheese (your choice), shredded lettuce, jalapenos, salsa, sour creme

EAT!!

Tom

Sonic calls that "Chili Pie" around here.

When I have tequila, a margarita with popcorn and a movie, often just a nibble of chocolate and nuts, maybe some leftovers, or cereal (my father-in-law was on a “eat the big meal for breakfast and have cereal for dinner” diet).

Best bachelor midnight meal ever created:

1 can Hypower Hot Tamale's

1 can Armor star chili w/beans

(snip)

spread cheese over concoction, lid and wait for cheese to melt. Better grab a plate now, won't take long (only because the dam.n pan is too hot to set on your lap while you watch old UFC videos.

once cheese is melted, dump pan onto plate, add taco sauce to taste, and enjoy......

P.S. make sure you blow the first few bites to avoid blisters on your tongue.......

Tomorrow morning, make sure the bathroom is availableEmbarrassed

That sounds kinda close to another quickie dish I make.

- Heat up one can of Chili with beans

- On a plate, place a handful or so of Fritos original corn chips (amount is up to you)

- Pour heated up chili on top of Fritos

- On top of chili put shredded cheese (your choice), shredded lettuce, jalapenos, salsa, sour creme

EAT!!

Tom

Good stuff ! I do something similar during football season for friends and family using Fritos Scoops and my firey chilli .

I use whey during the day, but there is something about Casin protein that "turns the body off" =and helps you sleep and your body to repair....whey charges you up....

I have heard that as well . I would drink the Whey fueled smoothies in the afternoon after exercising before I went to work . "When I was eating better ."

Tonight it's bacon cheeseburger pizza .

Mama Mary's thin crust pizza shell . And here's a little tip , instead of brushing the crust with olive oil I use bacon grease ! Then use garden variety ketschup for the base sauce . "Regular pizza sauce doesn't work with this type of pizza". On top of the sauce put down a generous portion of mozerrela and shredded swiss . Then top with hamburger chunks tossed lightly in mustard . Add bacon , onions , jalapenos and tomatos . Dust with garlic powder . Cook accordingly and then add shredded chedder and throw back in the oven for a few minutes . At this point the oven is hot but turned off .

Pizza after the first stage .

post-18289-13819476451808_thumb.jpg

Something I haven't had in a while 'cause it's been a while since I was seriously happy-faced, is truly what I would call a concoction.....

Place contents of one or two cans of sardines (I prefer the ones in oil) on a plate and top with the following:

- Garlic powder (however much you want)

- Finely chopped onions

- Hot sauce (I prefer Melinda's XXXX reserve)

Personally I eat this with crackers and then chew one Pepcid AC for preventive measures.

BURP!!!!

Tom

Sometimes I'll throw together a quick omelette.

Tonight it was leftover taco meat (hamburger that had been browned and seasoned with Tex Joy taco seasoning) and a pile of shredded Mexican cheese blend from Sam's. Topped with a lttle Red Gold salsa and more cheese.

Otherwise I'll make a pizza omelette. Whatever pizza type meats we have on hand and lots of mozzerella and some parmigian reggiano. Topped off with some diced or crushed tomoatoes seasoned with some basil, maybe some garlic, etc and more cheese.

Sorry. No pics tonight guys. Somebody had put my skillet in the dish washer [:(] (anodized aluminum alloy looses it's seasoning in the dishwaser) and besides I was hungry.

If I'm lazy I'll just scramble the eggs with taco meat, cheese, and some salsa.

Sunburnwilly's pizza sure looks good but too many onions and jalapenos for me. I also can't stand mustard for some reason so I'd have to lightly dust my hamburger in catsup.

ketchup goes great with everything! My mom used to threaten to give me and my dad just a bowl of ketchup and loaf of bread for dinner. before i had to knock off the late night eating, i loved some Linguicia and monterey jack cheese slapped between two pieces of sourdough bread.

every now and then I get nostalgic and think about my folks. When I was a boy they would sometimes have sardines on saltines. It was too nasty for me at the time. Suppose it is an acquired taste.

So occasionally I'll get a can of sardines and crackers out of the pantry for a snack. Of course, I like to complement the taste with a touch of mustard and bread and butter pickles.

One other thing I enjoyed as a kid, but haven't fixed in years, is fried SPAM. It made a good sandwich or even as the meat for a meal for a family of four.