OT , your late night dinner or snack concoction

sunburnwilly

my wife is making a great dish 2nite, she gets lasagne sheets, she breaks the sheets into long strips, nothing fancy just breaks them up and boil them like you would boil spagetti. then for the sauce, bit oil olive oil in a pan with italian sausage, chopped pumpkin and garlic. its ever so simple but taste amazing.. oh yes and of couse with grated cheese when serving and pepper. I cant wait. only 8 hours to go..

DU73......sounds wonderful. Call the next time and if I'm in the neighborhood......

• Moderators

my wife is making a great dish 2nite, she gets lasagne sheets, she breaks the sheets into long strips, nothing fancy just breaks them up and boil them like you would boil spagetti. then for the sauce, bit oil olive oil in a pan with italian sausage, chopped pumpkin and garlic. its ever so simple but taste amazing.. oh yes and of couse with grated cheese when serving and pepper. I cant wait. only 8 hours to go..

DU73......sounds wonderful. Call the next time and if I'm in the neighborhood......

I wish I was in the neighborhood....because I would be in Australia ! [ip]

That does sound good I love Italian sausage, I would have never thought about adding pumpkin ! But I am willing to try anything except liver or other organs ! [+o(]

• 2 weeks later...

Toss leftover sloopy joe, taco meat, pizza meat and sauce, etc on a tortilla and smother with cheese...

prep

(doh! ... need to check focus [:$] )

wrap it in a dampened paper towel and nuke it for +- 1 minute (got to try out our new microwave as the old one of 22 years 6 months started melting down a couple of days ago)

Unwrap and dig in ...

Dig In

Simple. Quick. As tasty or bland as you like.... Would rather use low carb tortillas but none in the house and they're usually stupidly expensive now that the local Sam's club quit carrying them.

Probably have a couple of these for lunch tomorrow and maybe with some scrambled eggs or in an omelette for breakfast. Still some leftover sloppy joe from family reunion this past Sunday.

Orange Julius. one or two scoops of Ice cream, touch of vanailla , little sugar, 1 cup of OJ. Blend and add crushed ice.................Yummmmmmmmmmmm

Bill that sounds really good! I'll have to try it. Wonder if it really needs the sugar?

What? No raw egg? I wonder if a raw egg is still an option in one's Orange Julius? The strawberry variations were also pretty good.

• 1 year later...

This more brunch but also works great late night. Pics a bit fuzzy but flash often looks too harsh.

Pepperoni Pizza Omellette

Posted Image

And for our youngest daughter as I still had plenty of sauce and she doesn't like eggs. Pepperoni Tortilla Pizzas

Posted Image

Sometimes will use 2 tortillas per pizza with cheese and maybe a little sauce in between.

Ahhh yes country fried or chicken fried steak depending on what part of the country you're from. I often get that when we go to the local Chilis especially since they removed the catfish I really liked from their menu.. Also a good choice at Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell. Pretty much comfort food though I don't think mom every made that growing up.

For some reason this makes me think of the discussion I had with Alea our youngest daughter during POTUS and VPOTUS dog and pony show trip to Kokotucky Tuesday. The mayor had said on the radio they (Secret Service? POTUS aid of some kind? to give them the names of 3 restaurants in town but he couldn't say which one's he gave them. So we're thinking they should be local a couple of really good Italian restaurants, one pretty authentic, the other Italian and more (Triple Sec Grouper and Grouper Medatrano are better than most grouper dishes I've had in Florida) and probably the even newer micro brewery. But she mentioned he likes greasy burgers, well what's more hoosier than a fried tenderloin, particularly the King at Ray's drive in which was built around the WPA time. The King they claim is the largest tenderloin in Indiana if not the country or world (I forget, haven't been there in a while). It is larger than a normal plate and better than the normal sized, which are very good but come frozen, while they pound out and bread The King themselves. Pig that I am I even made 2 meals of one once. But apparently no new restaurants helped by the stimulus money so he ate at one of the firestations. The stimulus money did allow the city to keep a few fire fighters employed the city was otherwise going to cut. I'm sure the choice was not at all political.

p.s. I've had that late at night a few times... when I'm not feeling up to anyting too spicy or a burger. Yep. Comfort food. Hard to screw up I guess though there was one restaurant that asked me if I wanted brown or white gravy with my mashed potatoes! Duh. White. A very good local restaurant when we lived in Bolingbrook IL (SW suburb of Chicago, one stop closer to Chitown than Joliet on the Stephenson (I-55))) that served their contry fried steak with sausage gravy. Links cut up oe time when they must have been out of normal sausage. I remember thinking, this is how this should be served....

BACON! Hard to go wrong. And should your repast be disrupted, that's covered as well.

Hmmmm.... Men's breakfast at chuch would be good late at night. Sausage gravy with biscuits. Sausage patties. Sausage links. Bacon. Along with a few scrambled ages and rolls donuts or coffee cake, orange juice, millk, coffee etc. Be even better if we'd lose the donuts and put some ham and cheese in the scrambled eggs.... They said another pastor in town came a few years ago. Once.

Finally, a photo of something Actually HEALTHY, that I can eat... Other than the pizza omlet earlier. (the Bacon and eggs photo)

I know, the government and the establishment whine about FAT and too much protien.... But I'm living proof, I've cut Sugar carbs out of my lifestyle now for 6 1/2 months and have lost a total of 70 lbs. mostly eating things that had a mother.

• 4 months later...