Finally removed previous owner's bose system and replaced with klipsch

substance-p

Our new house has a bonus room that included a Bose Acoustimass 5.1 system installed. As soon as all of our boxes were unpacked, I headed to the bonus room to start pulling out the Bose and putting in my Klipsch.

The previous owner had drywalled over the Bose wires such that removal was challenging with the limited access that remained in the room. However, several days later, they were out and the Klipsch are almost completely installed.

I am not trying to start a thread to bash Bose, but I just wanted to show a little size perspective on a before and after. People who think the Acoustimass could keep up with my Klipsh speakers don't seem to understand the laws of physics (with speakers, as with many other things in life, size does in fact matter). I don't dislike Bose, on the contrary, I was able to sell the old system in a matter of hours on Craig's List[:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, talk about size comparison, forget the bose compared to the RC64. Look at the RC64 compared to the hood of your CAR. [:D] Sorry for your luck with the Bose being left behind, a friend of mine bought a house and the owner left him a complete Klipsch RF3 system.

Just like your wife, I think all this gobbledygook about size is simply a figment of your imagination....

I'll bet you tell her your speakers are not as large as she thinks they are, huh?

[^o)] [:^)] [;)]

When she first saw the Jamo D7 (15 inch sub) I picked up to add to the HT in the new house she said: "What is THAT? It looks like a small child or a mini-fridge". I told her not to tease Helga about her size beacuse she is sensitive and will be handling the lows in the new theater.

We had to come to a compromise. I can put whatever I want in the HT but had to go the soundbar route in the small family room.

• Moderators

I absolutely love the size comparison photo of the entire acoustimass system on top of the RC-64. What a great pic!

Exactly, how on earth could that little cube possibly come close to the sound of a real speaker, it just can't physically happen !

People who buy those things should ask themselves, am I trying to decorate this room or reproduce music ?

I agree, that size comparison is quite hilarious. If I was put in that situation though, I would keep the Bo$e system connected. Then when I had people over to watch a movie, I would turn on the acoustimass and ask them what they thought of my speakers...

then I would switch to the Klipsch and ask them "Now what do you think?" [:D]

• Moderators

Exactly, how on earth could that little cube possibly come close to the sound of a real speaker, it just can't physically happen !

A friend of mine recently had a guy at work bring his Bose speakers over to compare between them and his Klipsch RF-35II's. I think they were 301's or something similar. They were not the Acoustimass. Shaun said there was no comparison but his friend still believed that his Bose sounded better. It's called brainwashing.

I totally agree, physics alone will tell you that it just cannot out perform Klipsch speakers.

his friend still believed that his Bose sounded better. It's called brainwashing.

Now to each their own[:S] however I bet if he goes over to the bose owners house in a month the bose will be gone and Klipsch will be in it's place.

Then again he may really like the sound of the Bose better. Not everyone likes horn speakers.

• Moderators

I bet if he goes over to the bose owners house in a month the bose will be gone and Klipsch will be in it's place.

Somehow I highly doubt it. He said they were bright. Well when you compare them to dull Bose, yeah, they are bright. They actually have highs and midrange. LOL.

I have "hign end" BLOWS systems in both of my cars/suvs. They cost a small fortune on the option list. My punishment in life for all the bad things that I have done it to have to listen to this trash knowing what I paid for them. They are sold in option groups with things you gotta have like xenon lights so the buyer has no choice but to pay the piper. Everybody at work bought this same system from the BLOWS outlet near the office. They are universally hated and most have gone the craigslist disposal route. I admit it- confession is good- I also bought a BLOWS surround system to interface with a pair of Rf3s as fronts several years ago. I kept them for 4 days and thankfully a friend wanted them so I lost no money on the deal. He has since forgiven me.

Bash away- this is the worst trash ever marketed to a unsuspecting public- with their special sound rooms that trick people into buying them- one step above the White van guys.

man-- your Klipch setup with the RC64- one of my all time favorites- looks S W E E T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy.

Don't set your Klipsch stuff so close to the BLOWS- they may catch something.

That's a great comparison photo. I could see Bose using it against big speakers. "Look at this, the entire 5 cube setup is smaller than the average center speaker!"

Ha Ha! Thanks wuzzzer, I needed that. BLOWS CAMPAIGN SLOGAN OF THE YEAR!