Think the missus will notice anything when she gets home?

pmsummer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the president of the frying pan across the head club I can say without a doubt that your a-- is grass.She will undoubetedly try to hit you with some large object or attack you with a kitchen knife- maybe not right away- but at some point in the not too distant future- most likely during an argument relating to some unrelated subject. the k horn purchase will work it's way into the fuss and TWACK- frying pan across the noggin (or worse places). I would suggest constructing a "safe place" to get away in the event of an attack. k horn bass bins, dog houses, garages, and outside storage buildings ane good possibilities. A hard hat(equipped with headphones) and a garbage can lid to deflect flying objects are also advisable. As an official new member your credentials and complimentary first aid kit will be mailed to you shortly.

I earned my stripes by bringing home 2 khorns and 2 industrials lascalas last Valentines day unannounced at 2 am and placing them in what used to be the living room. I have witnesses here who will confirm this.

Enjoy your new toys- but tread lightly and keep a close eye on her for the next few months. The reward is worth the risk.

I'm not sure, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If your rear wall is 14 feet from corner to corner and you stuff the KHorns tight in the corner, your sweet spot will be only 7 feet from the back wall. Did you say it would be 12 feet back? Assuming you project a line from each corner out at a 45 degree angle, they will intersect at a point 7 feet from the rear wall.

I have the same situation, hence why I enclosed the backs and toed the speakers out to intersect at the 13 foot point. Enclosing the back makes a world of difference in the sound stage, you get a complete wall of sound, your speakers will be totally independent of your room corners.

Just my nickles worth.

CB

I'm not sure, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If your rear wall is 14 feet from corner to corner and you stuff the KHorns tight in the corner, your sweet spot will be only 7 feet from the back wall. Did you say it would be 12 feet back? Assuming you project a line from each corner out at a 45 degree angle, they will intersect at a point 7 feet from the rear wall.

I have the same situation, hence why I enclosed the backs and toed the speakers out to intersect at the 13 foot point. Enclosing the back makes a world of difference in the sound stage, you get a complete wall of sound, your speakers will be totally independent of your room corners.

Just my nickles worth.

CB

You are correct. I always suk'd at geometry. ;-)

Yep, wife must have approved. I see she already has them decorated. See women just put on a good show about objecting to our hobby and "look how big those are" speeches because they know its just something else for them to decorate[:o]

Hey PM, have you cranked up RT's "Hand of Kindness" on them yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

Why yes I did!

I believe it was LP #3 (After Bathing at Baxter's, then Gary Burton's Dreams So Real, and then Hand of Kindness).

Yes. She'll want to know just what in blazes you did with her Cornwalls as she ***** the iron skillet.... or that her chair is out of position. But you should be OK, won't you both be able to read the Bible on top of the Khorns without bending over so far? At least compared to it sitting on the Cornwalls?

Enjoy 'em PM. I've already notice you've enjoyed a few selections on 'em.

And please, watch out for iron skillets and even the lighter weight aluminunm frying pans. The aluminum stings like all get out but the iron skillet will likely knock you out, the first couple of times anyway.... (Coytee told me)