"Paul Wilbur Klipsch - The Life...The Legend"

DTLongo

• Moderators

I'm more in the "one star" camp than the 3 stars you gave, but I do agree with you that there are a few wonderful passages in the book and a few very interesting tidbits. For instance, there is a wonderful section about the Jubilee, and about Roy's work with Paul on that project that is not contained anywhere else that I am aware of. Roy wrote an excellent piece that is in the book that discussed this subject.

The book is just so poorly written, and it so clearly a vainity book, right down to the rubber stamp signature of Mr. Klipsch that Miss V put in herself, and her signature as well. The whole thing is just really sad on so many levels. In my opinion, a mediocre book about a great man does the man more of a diservice than to honor him.

LarryC knows the authors I believe, and Dr. Larry is mentioned in the book, so it is worth the price just for that fact alone.

Travis

Did anyone notice the review by Mike Klementovich? He seemed to like it.

That review was from back in '03. I wonder how many more times he's read it since then? I'm surprised Miss V. hasn't submitted a review.

That said, I'd like to see Amy write a book about PWK. I'll bet she could pull some whoppers out of Roy and Jim...

Wow that book really took a beating.

I think another book may come out. Someday.

That is really good news. I'd think Jim would have a mountain of material from the archives. It would also be nice to see a major historical book like McIntosh and Quad have put out.

• Moderators

Well, I still enjoyed reading mine. It does have the information in it. It just is written more like a technical report rather than a book. Right now there is nothing better.

I'm not so sure about that, I know what you are saying Mark, I did enjoy a few parts of it, but the patent's are more interesting and better written than the body of the book.

Travis

• Moderators

I, for one, will always remember that visit where I received my personally 'autographed' copy. Amazing!

Who could forget that day,[:-*]........ see I do like you, I have a pic of that and never let anyone see it. You did good considering everything.