FYI: The end of the world begins today.

sputnik

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, I missed the Rapture and I'm stuck here alone with JB!!!! Why didn't anyone PM me? Jerks!

Seriously, there was a guy interviewed on CBC Radio yesterday who sells insurance contracts guaranteeing to take care of the pets of anyone who's swept up in the Rapture. He reasons that there's no mention of pets in Heaven, so someone should take care of the Raptured folks' pets after they've left this earthly plane.

I think the rate was $110 for ten years. The guy is an atheist, but his wife is a Christian. When he was asked how the pets would be cared for if his workers were swept up also and were unable to do their duty, he responded that all his on-call workers had blasphemed against the Holy Spirit in writing, so they would definitely not be swept up in the Rapture and would be available when the big day comes.

It was on the radio, so I couldn't tell if he was saying all this with a straight face...

I rank this idea with selling real estate on the Moon or naming stars after people for a fee and selling them certificates that are really worthless.

The referenced person "Kenneth Copeland

is a well known fraud minister. He teaches the "blab it and grab it" or the "name it and claim it" gospel. He has been giving Christans a bad image for decades and he has been well denounced for his teaching. In a nutshell, he is out for himself with a teaching that God is (in my words) a cosmic buttler who MUST fill your every wish and if they don't come true then you just did not beleve strong enough.

I also agree that the site is VERY poorly done and only shows what a loon the desinger and or owner of the site is.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

If you really thought the end was 5-21-11 would you spend your last couple of days standing in a street with a sign, somethings not right there? [8-)]

OK if we make it through 5-21-11 we then move on to the Mayan Calendar thing, if the Mayans were so smart why didn't they have a clue they wouldn't even come close to the end of there own calendar ?