Rundgren...Live From Daryl's House

fini

I just watched a very cool online show, Live From Daryl's House. Daryl Hall (Hall and Oates) invites musicians over to his house to jam with him and a band he's assembled. I've only seen the latest installment (of 23, one per month) featuring Todd Rundgren (a favorite of mine). They sound really, really good together. You even get to see them make sausage! Highly recommended!!

• Moderators

WOW that is nice, I will have to go back and check out the rest of the shows. They sounded great, I was not expecting that kind of sound, I thought they were just playing around. I had to bookmark that to go back and see other shows and more of the website, very cool Mr Fini thanks.

• Moderators

OK this can't die this easy, I went back and watched a couple of hours of some of the other shows today.

I can't believe Smokey Robinson's voice is still that good, some of the other singers also surprised me, cool show.

• Moderators

I was hoping others would see this, I wish they would sell some of the music, I think it's as good or better than the originals and recorded very well from what I can hear with cheap headphones my computer speakers died, they were cheap anyway something sounding like clips, some German sounding named brand. [:|]

Your right about the studs part, I do feel like a 2x4 sometimes, at least as smart as one ! [:S]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Been thinking about this, if they can make a recording in this house with this kind of quality, there should be no reason all other recordings couldn't be at least this good. What is the problem with the recording industry ?

Thanks for the site. Saw Hall and Oates in September at Rodney Strong Vineyards in Sonoma County. They wrapped up their summer season concerts. Great show, three encores if I remember correctly. Great place to see a concert, outside and limited tickets, small venue.

Fini wait till you hear this girls voice on the latest Live from Daryls House, I think you will like her.

Diane Birch, I have never heard of her but I love her style of signing.

I stumbled upon her at a local Austin legend music store called Waterloo playing a live in store set. She is has a great voice[8] and she sounds great on this show!!

Also agree the show sounded very good! Need to try it thru my tube DAC and Stereo.

Thanks for the heads up on the show! Looking forward to watching/listening to others.

Hey thanks for the head's up on this Daryl thing. I thought the videos were great and got hooked. Had to watch a few. I agree the sound was good and it sounded really good through my system. The whole idea is cool and they even have food too. I thought Diane Birch was good but that Todd R. was the best. He's still got it. Also, John Oats (the latest one) was good as well. That guy can still sing too. Daryl still has it big time but tries not to show it off. He seems to hold back. Ray Manzarek (Doors video) was totally embarassing. I didn't think that was funny at all. If I was him I would tell Daryl to take that video off the internet. He is insane.

Make sure you watch the whole video not the individual songs. If Ray Manzarek acts and talks like he does NOW, can you just imagine how things were when Jim Morrision was around? You can see how Daryl is taken back by a lot of what Manzarek says and does. What a fool.